This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Edge 130 - Elevation not shown for course

Hello

I created several courses via Garmin Connect and sent them to my Edge 130. When I ride the courses, the elevation map is empty. See attached picture.

After finishing the ride however I can see the elevation map, but not during the ride.

Anyone else experiencing this and knowing hownto fix it?

Thanks
Tom ciq.forums.garmin.com/.../1389353.jpg
  • Hello

Same problem with my edge 130. Has anybody found a solution it seems that this question was raised over a year ago..

• Garmin thought I might have had a faulty unit. In the end I upgraded to the 530 when it was on offer and works fine.

Not exactly a good solution though and I hope they fix the issue on the edge 130 as it’s a great bit of kit. 

• Thank you for your answer. I've also contacted garmin for this issue. I was thinking to buy a 530 initially but decided to go with the 130 because of its size - better for mtb...lets see because the elevation map is important for me.

• I found a way round this. The elevation map is blank for me during a ride until I set the altimeter during the ride so I'm just doing that at the momentand its working

• Does the same with my Garmin Edge Explorer. Have been onto Garmin Support today but I don’t hold much hope of them coming up with a resolution. Elevation is displayed but as soon as I start the timer to start the Activity it goes blank.

• my garmin edge130 is doing this after recent update cca week ago :(

• Hi there,

Is there a solution for this? I hope Garmin weights in. I experienced this problem today and it was really annoying. I've done some tests and I can't come up with a reproducible way of creating this issue. I haven't tried it on the road, but the .tcx version of the route seems to load with elevation, whereas the .gpx doesn't.

I really hope someone from Garmin can troubleshoot it. I just bought this device assuming I was purchasing quality, simplicity and reliability.. this is disappointing.

Alex

• My issue seemed to sort itself out. When  loading a course it didn’t show the elevation of the route initially - but when I actually was in the course it did show the elevation. 

• In my case it didn’t show the elevation while riding, so I couldn’t anticipate the hills or downhills.

• I have the same problem with a new Edge 130, empty elevation map when riding a course. But for Segments the elevation ist displayed.

SW: 3.60 / GPS: 2.50 / Sensor Hub: 5.80

Edit: It seems that only courses below a certain distance are affected (like pir_43 and MWorthington). For a 25km course the elevation is displayed.