This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Why does it take so long to sync my ride ?

It takes up to 10 minutes to load my ride into GCM from my Edge 130. It's a matter of seconds from other devices !
  • When I got my device it worked really fast, up to one min. I had to do factory reset and after that it takes around 10 min as well.
  • Yeh I've noticed this issue since 2.4 update, I've just been persevering and it does eventually go through.
  • Can someone from garmin answer my question. I have disabled physio true up too and made no difference.
  • My sports sorfware (Rubitrack) syncs by filetransfer (FIT file from the appropriated folder). Ride by Ride the download gots significantly slower. Even with currently only 20 rides on it.
    My 1000 is much faster with much more rides on it.
  • Still taking ages to sync on 3.00 as well.
  • I noticed while checking in Basecamp that my Edge 130 recorded more than 9000 trackpoints for a 58 km ride. While riding with my Oregon 700 a ride of same length only records approximately 600 trackpoints.

Not sure if this is common in the Edge devices that it records so many trackpoints. While there are settings in the Oregon 700 to change the frequency of setting trackpoints I don't think this can be changed in the Edge 130?

What I can say is that it usually takes no time to upload my track from the Oregon 700 while it takes significant more time to upload the ride from the Edge 130.

Could it be due to the huge amount of trackpoints? It is my first Edge so I cannot confirm if it is expected that it records so many trackpoints?
  • Given that these are only small text files even with thousands of track points it should be seconds rather thsn minutes. Indeed on every other Garmin device I have evre used it's only seconds.
    The problems with the 130 isn't the size of the files, but the continued problems with the Bluetooth connectivity discussed in many threads but still unresolved.
    I am aware some don't have problems but many do.
    I upload via laptop rather than use Bluetooth with the 130.
  • yeh really shouldnt be the file size.
  • it's not as bad for me, maybe 3 minutes or so. But still way longer than my previous Garmin devices.
  • Any update on this issue?
    Still have very long bluetooth syncs from my Edge 130.