This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Edge 130 battery life

I did my first ~3.5 hour ride with the Edge 130. I started with full battery and it was at 50% afterwards. Promised are 15h. Doesn't add up for me!

Are there any settings that could save battery consumption? I switched on GPS only. Anything else that would help?
  • Former Member
    0 Former Member over 4 years ago
    The battery indicator is highly erratic, when the device is first turned on after fully charged, it shows full bars.

Going into the settings menu the indicator still show full bars.

But.... (on occasions)

After exiting the settings menu and going back into the settings menu, the battery indicator drops by 3 bars.

This is within 1 minute of turning on the device.

Why is the battery indicator providing false readings?
  • Over a year now with seemingly no one getting what Garmin significantly advertised as key feature & battery life for on this device - and still no significant response or fix from Garmin?   Can't trust the battery indicator at all, no data element to get a meaningful % number for it, and can not trust how long it will really last.  Any help here     ???

• Still dont know when the edge 130 finish charging, anyone?

• Can you provide .fit files gain please?

• The charging logo changes from a thunderbolt to a plug symbol.

• This is really useful information but I'm not sure I fully understand it.  Is this with or without a BT connection to a phone?  Also, what does the 'high' refer to at example 4 and why is the battery life the same as the previous example? 

I am planning a 100 mile off road sportive in a few weeks' time, which will probably take me 10-12 hours so this information would be very helpful. 

• prima corsa con SW 3.40 2,5 ore con sensori HR, cadenza e velocità, batteria giù di una barra

• I have the same issue in UK. They said they never heard this before. :) 

• Hi, im not getting that performance in my 130 unit. Connected to varia radar, vector pedals and speed sensor (without backlight), the most I get was 4 hours, couldn’t finish my way back home. Last night, for example, with only varia radar and a cadence sensor I got less than 1.5h before the battery drains (this time I was using backlight at high mode since it was very dark at the hills). I always go out with 100% charge, dont know if this is happening to me only, very disappointed actually (use to have Edge 25 and never had battery issues, actually I was surprise on the how much it last).

• Hello All, any update about this battery problem ? i think i will send it back to the support because i'm not able to have more than 4 hours ride with this device.