This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Edge 130 - Charging complete

How can you tell when the edge 130 has finished charging? I can't find any indication (SW version 2.20)
  • On other devices there is a battery percentage displayed when it is connected to power. Typically when connected to just power the battery icon has a lightning flash in it and the percentage is above or below it. When connected to a PC then the percentage is shown full screen. If you can't see wither then press start when connected to power and see if it displays it at the top of the screen (some models do this)

CW
  • Yes, a lightning flash is not displayed in the battery icon when connected to a charger and the device is powered on. It does take a while.
  • Btw: What is the charging current (ampere) of the Edge 130? Cannot find any specification in the manual.
  • Still dont know when the edge 130 finish charging, anyone?

• What I do is, let it charge until all bars are filled. Then turn off device. Turn it on and then press return/back button. It will take you to the service menu. There you can see battery percentage. From my experience full bars in menu usually are at 93% of battery in service menu. So just leave it for another hour or so. This is shitest device I ever bought. I wont make same mistake in the future, will avoid this brand.

• As the battery indicator is a joke, I don't pay much attention to charging either.
    I use the charger (and the cable) from my mobile phone en just leave it there until I need to charge my phone (which has a very reliable indicator).
    Works for me, I get a full day of riding out of one charge (Maybe more, but never tried).

• In the service menu there is a counter which shows battery voltage and percentage.
    Connect the 130 to your charger and enter the service menu, that way you can monitor the charging proces.
    Mine is at 4.27V at 100%.
    I use the charger of my Android phone to charge the 130.
    Would be nice if Garmin could make a screen that shows this info while charging.

• This is definitely an oversight and hopefully something Garmin can update with firmware. I'm reply 1 year + after your initial question. 

• Have you solved this with the new versions?
  • Just checked, still the same in 3.50.
    They could make a big charging indicater that comes up when you connect the device to a powersupply.
    And the a possibility to click it away, in case you are running the device of a powerbank while riding your bike.
    But if Garmin puts all these nice features in their cheapest device, a lot less people would buy the 530 an 830 ;)