This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

"Ride in Progress" screen then reboot

Finally got my third ride in yesterday and for the first time the 130 did not shut down or reboot. However, I had to turn notifications off. The first ride the 130 upgraded to 2.20 software mid-ride and shut down. The second ride, when I would get a notification, it would go blank then to a "Ride in Progress" screed showing no data. When this would happen, upon examining my the gpx/tcx file, no sensor data was recorded. I was unable to figure out how to quickly get out of the screen mid-ride then the unit would power down. Even though I finally got a recorded ride, elevation is off from my Fenix 3hr. Hoping Garmin gets the bugs out of this soon. I hate being a beta tester!
  • Well, two more rides and two more shut downs. Garmin needs to fix this or it's going back.
  • Did this ever get resolved for you? I just bought a 130 and on my second ride (tonight) at 21 miles into a 24 mile ride, it beeped as the screen changed to “Ride In Progress” and did not record the rest of the ride’s data. Not happy! :(

• I got a new Garmin 130 a few days ago. It did this, this morning. I stopped and pressed the 'start' button and it seemed to continue recording. Not really sure what the 'Ride in progress' screen means -- I can't find much out about it - I wonder if it happens when the unit loses GPS signal. When I resumed it it said 'acquired GPS signal' or similar

• ANother thing: A few minutes after I finished the activity it prompted to upgrade the firmware ... and I saw on another post that there is sometimes a known issue where it realises an upgrade is due mid-ride and causes the weird 'Ride in Progress'-and-stop-recording issue. So perhaps it was related to that