This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Data Issues?

Just nipped out on bike to test new 130 . Set avg speed as one of my data fields but it did NOT display any data during the ride.

After ride I went into history > ride > summary and it showed distance as 0ft. I'm slow but not that slow !!

Had GPS ON and set to GPS + GALILEO
  • Thanks for the info. Can you post up the .fit file from the device? We would like to see that. Can you confirm the device was updated to 2.20?
  • Would this be due to autolap feature being on? Autolap setting has that silly slider and its hard to tell which which is on or and which is off?

Thanks
  • I wonder if did not get a GPS lock before you started. The first time the unit powers on in a new location it can take while to find the satellites as it has no EPO data for that location.
  • I was outside for a good 10 minutes before using & assumed GPS lock was good, the device was not displaying 'wait for GPS'.

I'm going to test again tomorrow.
  • Just wondering if you pressed Start to begin your ride?
  • Now on my second Garmin 130. Unit #1 just failed to get and hold a GPS signal. 27mile ride logged circa 3miles with no speed showing for most of the ride. Retailer replaced and now unit 2. Set up OK, got GPS OK, set up a route to follow and off we go. 15 mile ride, lost speed and GPS and route directions. 3.5miles recorded with straight line in between points. So it's going back as well. I think there is a quality issue and just too much tech in a small unit maybe. My 500 is 4 years old and never misses a beat.ciq.forums.garmin.com/.../1355423.jpg
  • I had the same issue, but i am using a Wahoo Blue SC. It is a bluetooth issue between Garmin connect and the sensors. The Wahoo is both ANT and bluetooth. i turned off the bluetooth connection on the Edge 130 for the Wahoo and only use ANT and now it works fine.

I think its got something to do with running 2 bluetooth connections at same time. so if you running connect in the backround, which is using bluetooth and your using bluetooth to connect the sensor you might have and issue.

Turn off the bluetooth on your phone and see what happens.