This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

navigation shows small route bends all the time

I have after the latest software update noticed that the navigation is showing stupid bends on the road and keeps the small navigation arrows/screen on top of everything else.

how can I get this away, I can not even look at any other screen except for the map without these bends blocking the screens.

This is an example of how stupid this is

The map keeps popping these navigation arrows all the time and blocks every single other screen I want to look at by showing these idioic arrows on top of all screens. I am living in "bend land" because I only see these small arrows after the last update. I am fed up with pressing and clicking them away.

In reality, this is the level of stupidity this navigation is showing

Do I really need to have help with navigating this little bend? Of course not and I do certainly not need to have every screen blocked by this rubbish popping up and interfering with every single screen.

I managed to get the main map free and not have the arrows on top of that one too. I changed the navigation to only maps. But the rest is completely bonkers with constant arrows and navigation on straight roads or what we humans would say straight at least.

How can I get rid of this?
Are there any settings I can change?

Am I the only one who has this weird navigation on my G1030?

• Why the turn prompts appear for such tiny turns is a mystery but at least you can stop the map pop-up appearing for each by changing the "Navigation Prompts" setting to "Text Only"

The following is a post relating to this in the 530 forum but the 1030 has the same setting,

"..Navigation Prompts - This setting controls what kind of navigation prompts (TBT) you get if you have TBT enabled when you started a course.  It is found in Activity Profile -> Navigation -> Navigation Prompts. You can therefore see that it can be set uniquely for each activity profile.  Choices are Text Only or Map.  When set at Text Only, the TBT will be presented at the bottom of the current screen when a turn is approaching.  When set to Map, the 530 will jump to the map screen whenever a turn is approaching.  After you've completed the turn the 530 will return to the page you were on automatically..."

https://forums.garmin.com/sports-fitness/cycling/f/edge-530/170372/turning-of-turn-by-turn-navigation-on-a-course/919887#919887

it is also mentioned in 1030 forum posts eg forums.garmin.com/.../852492

Let us know if you get to the bottom of the mystery turn prompts, perhaps a change in the road name?

• Thanks

This is where I set the Map instead of text only.
    But I still get the arrows when I get on to the course and cycle.

I will try the text only today when I cycle to see what happens with text only instead.

I have had it by default all the time so the small arrows is due to something is changed at the Garmin end.