This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Garmin Edge 1030 with latest V12 update. At least once on every ride it loses connection to all sensors

It takes several minutes to reconnect to them all. I have Varia light/radar, Polar HRM, Garmin speed sensor and a PowerPod v4 power meter. It was also happening with v11 software update.

• FWIW: The Garmin support person I'm dealing with said that the engineers are investigating the problem and that I'm not the only person experiencing it, so they are clearly taking it seriously.

• I updated to 12.20 and the problem with sensor disconnections went from worse to much worse. When I get some spare time I plan to revert to v11. The v12 software is really pretty worthless. I now have two sensors disabled (Di2 and Radar) because I get tired of the constant beeping and screen flashing when they repeatedly connect and disconnect ad nauseam. The is one of the worst upgrades in recent memory…but unsurprising.

• I haven't updated to 12.20 yet. I kept on 12.15 (so previous).

I observed disconnection a bit more often than with 10.20 sw (yes, I left out 11.xx, I used it only for a reboot or so.

I also observed when I stop for a few minutes the vector 3 pedal always disconnects then it took a few seconds to reconnect (a message on the screen). HR or speed sensors looks continuous. However a few days ago during continuous pedaling I observed an unreal low rpm data.

Otherwise I do not have annoying reconnect "beep" as it was described.

• Same issue here with 12.20.  Worse than 12.14 beta.  Had all sensors lost and rediscovered 12 times in a 25 mile ride yesterday.

I have given up on trying to connect my Bontrager lights since that only causes more problems and additional connect/disconnect messages.

Somehow it seems that sensor connectivity has gone from bad to worse since the 12.0 "upgrade".

Definitely very annoying.  Hopefully Garmin gets it figured out sooner rather than later.

• This is very annoying on a ride. There was a section where the radar was toggling between connected and disconnected every couple of seconds for about 10 minutes. It was driving me crazy. My power meter, and di2 toggled every so often too.

• I regularly have to disable sensors during a ride. I don't even bother enabling my Di2 sensor anymore. It just doesn't work. I have to disable the Garmin Radar sensor on at least half my rides.

• I raised a ticket with Garmin and they sent me an email with the procedure to enable Ant+ logging for the next ride, and then to send them the file. 

• Same here, radar light and cadence sensors lose connection, on and off frequently

• Yes, I came here looking for the solution to constant sensor drop outs using 12.20. Was so annoying on yesterday's indoor ride I powered off the Edge 1030 and tossed it across the room.

• Same issue here, its driving me nuts