This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Garmine Edge 1030 changes from resistance to grade during ride

I have a Wahoo kicker indoor trainer. My Garmin Edge suddenly and frequently will change from resistance on the trainer to grade. I prefer resistance and workout with it on, but in the middle of the ride it will just change to grade instead. 

If this an issue with my Edge? Does anyone else have this issue? Thanks,

• I do have same issue.

and moreover, while changig to grade, resistance  rockets sky high. The walkaround is to have widget for trainer installed, then swipe down, immediately change grade back to your watt numbers and swipe up. Annoying, i know, but this is only way I’ve learned so far.

i’ve contaced both, Garmin and Elite.

only second one replied with replacing circuitboard.

let,s see if that hepls, as it was „connection lost” type of failure

• Same here. The trainer implementation is really bad. Im using the Garmin tacx Flow.

Its a Garmin product now and im shocked that the implementation is as bad.

hope they fix this asap as its winter season now...

• Same here. The trainer implementation is really buggy. Im using the Garmin tacx Flow.

Its a Garmin product now and im shocked that the implementation is that bad.

hope they fix this asap as its winter season now...

• Similar issue with the Edge 530 on the Tacx Neo 2T, but since I train with power, it intermittently changes from power to grade.

• I promised to reply once PCB replaced.

so...

i have received new circuit board, and got upgrad to DiretoX model for free. Unfortunately this did not solve the case.

Score in game Elite-Garmin. 10:0 as Garmin had not even answered!

did anyone hear from them back?

Radek

• What has worked for me, on my Garmin Edge, is to start my ride, then click the home button. Once in the home screen, I pull down on the main screen and it gives me a submenu which includes shortcuts for the ride. One of the short cuts is to keep the resistance or power. By using that screen instead of the regular ride screen, I have not had the issue at all. I hope that helps someone. 

• It helps...  it for a while. If you would like to keep an eye on training, you need to swipe menu back. And then suddenly, boom, settings suddenly returns to grade % instead of your desired Watt level. 
    today it happened to me 4x, so I raised another ticked to Garmin. Let see.

here is my ride. Power graph shows drops to 0W when I had to reset via “pull down menu”Look for the speed at the end! All thanks to Garmin ;)

connect.garmin.com/.../6612980394

• You have a lot of dropouts. Trainer suddenly in resistance mode instead of ERG means that Edge completely lost connection to the trainer.

Is Bluetooth/WiFi enabled? Phone connected? 

• Thanks. 

that is exactly what I observed. Connection loss. Elite/Direto was so kind to replace PCB with antennas, but it did not help.

Return to your question:

BT is ON, phone was connected, WiFi enabled,  Trainer paired over ant+, gps off

it not always looks like this. Yesterday was bunch of dropouts . Some days are clean and steady. 

regards

• Maybe there is something causing interference nearby?  ANT+ and BT use the 2.4GHz spectrum so there are many other things that can cause interference.