This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Odd calorie consumption

I have Edge 1030 with HRM wrap. I do same track/path every week and calorie consumption has been around 800kcal.

Now I did add my Turbo Levo sensors (Power & cadence).

Same track yesterday and it shows only 380kcal

What could be wrong?

measurements; 22km, Average heart beat 140, max167, speed 20km/h, weight over 100kg, 1h10min.

• I don't know. Could simply be due to the timing of the syncs between your watch and the apps. I don't think that figure is updated continuously. 

• Thanks for the explanation. Since the vast majority of times I find the kj and cal numbers identical, do you think Garmin just uses the kj number? I've gone back over my rides since installing the power meter and the numbers are either identical or just one or two different.

• Thanks Martin, Good answers! This all means just less beer ;-) 

• Garmin App active consumption below (couple of hour after ride this was 710kcal). Could this take to account all energy used not only leg muscle :-)

Garrmin exercise below

• A man that sits all days doing absolutely nothing will still burn about 2000 calories, that is for metabolism, the brain cells, heat production (keeping the body at 37oC needs quite a bit of energy), the hearth and lungs muscles, etc. I can't read the language of your pictures but once in Garmin Connect yes I think your ride data get added to other measures such as activity trackers and it may well include an estimation of your metabolic energy burn, I am not sure what you are looking at. These are all estimates and not real measures so do not expect them to be super precise.

• Exactly what I said.