This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Elevation Doubled after FW 10

Anybody the same?

Girlfriend with 9.5 has the half HM. 

• Problem not present on 530 with FW6.0, total ascent is good

• I just did a ride that on previous FW was 872 m ascent, now 1213 ascent. They must have reverted the algorithm. I remember when the 1030 first came out that it tended to be lower total ascent than previous models. The explanation was that the algorithm was changed. Specifically, previous models included every little rise no matter how small in the total, whereas the 1030 tended to filter out the small rises (normal road undulation), vs the steady climb rises. I wonder whether they have just reverted to the older, unfiltered algorithm.......

• I don't necessarily agree with your experience on my side. I used the older EDGE 1000 for years (until late in July) The same ride to work yielded 110m elevation gain +/-3m every time for years. When I changed to the 1030, (previous FW) the gain was again around 110m. Now I upgraded the FW and it's 160-170m . not such a major change for a relatively short ride but when I did 240km last saturday the difference old vs. new FW was more than a 1000 meters .. and that's pretty substantial.

• Same here. I sent a e-mail to Garmin tech support. 
    their answer was meaningless. 
    connect your phone again 

do soft restart

do hard restart 

check is there are new updates

they said nothing about this problem. 
    perhaps we all should mail this tech support of Garmin. 

• What is the Garmin Tech support's email address?

• That looks the problem indeed. 
    on rides with several climbs in it the difference between the Edge and correction in Garmin connect is 1,5 to 2 times higher
    but in flat rides the difference is 3 to 4 times higher. Then every meter counts. 

• after three years new version are full of fixbug and they always creat brand new bugs. after three years. do you know some software house correcting bug after 3 years from the release?

• Agreed, the differences are substantial. Such a pity for such an expensive device !

• I have sent another reminder to Tech support at Garmin

• I think is better to fill the beta form also