This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Plotted route does not display additional roads

I've had this issue for some time now, there have been various firmware updates and I have reset my 1030 but I cannot resolve this issue, which unfortunately isn't too easy to explain.

I create a route usually using rRde with GPS (ridewithgps.com) which I can import via the ride with GPS widget installed on my device without issue.

The issue is when I am riding the display will show the road/route I am cycling on but not any junctions or side roads, this causes many issues as I could be approaching a right hand turn (on the screen), but there are 2 right hand turns ahead on the road, because the display isn't showing any roads other than the plotted route sometimes I can miss the correct turn and then have to turnaround and take the next turn if that makes sense.

There must be a setting where I can actually see all roads and my plotted route so I can ensure I take the correct turn?

Any ideas?

• The route is displayed over the map. 

The map has the side roads (and other stuff).

• That’s exactly what’s missing, the route isn’t overlaid on anything, there is no map!

• Do you see any roads without using the route ?

It seems you have no maps active on your screen.

• That’s a good question, in the route summary it does overlay the route over the map. However I haven’t just rode without a route being used. 

I’m currently updating my maps so I will see what happens post update. 

• You don't have to ride to see map :-)

Just turn it on, I can see on the Garmin my own streets around my house

• That’s a good question, in the route summary it does overlay the route over the map. However I haven’t just rode without a route being used.

The summary might be displaying the basemap. There's a basemap, without much detail, and a detailed map. You want to be seeing the detailed map.

You don't need to be riding to see the map.

You can swipe to the map page at any time. 

If you tap that screen, you'll see a plus and minus near the top. Those buttons change the zoom level.

You should see detail (small streets).

Seeing the map has nothing to do with riding or routes.

You don't need maps to use routes.**

** You do need maps to get "turn guidance" (the big white arrows).

Do you see big white arrows?

• So I've updated to the latest firmware and maps, I have all maps enabled (details below) and this is what I get, the blue line I am assuming is a previous route (no route loaded currently), but as can be seen no map is being displayed and I am at a junction about to cross a main road???

INTL Standard Basemap, NR

Garmin Cycle Map EU, North East, 2020.10

Garmin DEM Map EU 2017.20

Garmin Geocode Map EU 2020.10

• The "Cycle" map is the detailed map. Is it enabled?

You shouldn't be seeing a prior ride, unless you didn't stop recording it.

The zoom level (200 ft) you are using here is fairly high. 

So, you should be seeing detail.

The "Brockton Lane" info is from a map (it sounds like a road that would not be on the basemap).

• There should also be a Garmin Cycle Map EU, South West , 2020.10 Map. Which Country are you ini?

• I'm in the UK, I'm thinking I don't have the correct map... but how has this changed and more so how do I select and download the correct map region?