This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Features not working after update to 9.50

Hi,

Much to my annoyance, many features are now not working on my 1030. 

Completed the update, it then deleted 1 of my ride profiles. The unit would not turn on by pressing the on button, had to do a hard 10 sec press to get it to turn, this happened various times.

Today it deleted another profile and had also deleted my ftp and hr settings, vo2 and training status,

I cannot enter my ftp settings, as soon as you've entered the figure and go back off the screen, the setting is lost!

Can anyone help?

• Hi,

I had this issue too (both issues actually) with the beta versions (9.31 through 9.48). I've sent in many feedback/debug reports to the Edge beta team, but it seems they did not fixed the issue yet with 9.50

I assume that you can't enter your heart rate settings either. Once this happened, I could not enter both HR and FTP anymore. I've tried many things, but could not find a way to overcome this issue. The only way I could fix this, was to install another version of the software, it did not matter which version. In the end I went back to 9.10 and will stay there until this issue is fixed.

May be contact Garmin about this?

• It sounds like you will need to do a reset if you cannot change those values.

This is the process for an Edge, but it is very similar for the watches, just some of the folders are named a little differently.

On the Edge go down in to the Garmin folder and select all the folders and copy them to your PC. Don’t copy the files in the Garmin folder otherwise you will be there all-day copying maps.

On you PC you have the following folders

Follow the guide below to decide which files you need and where to place them on the new unit or the original unit after a reset.

Let me know if you need to know how to do a reset.

Folder Name

Contains

Restore contents to this folder on the new unit

Activities

Activities

Activities

Apps

Connect IQ apps

Copy prg files to Apps

Courses

Courses

NewFiles

HMD

Screen layouts for HMD

NewFiles

Locations

Saved locations

NewFiles

Records

Personal records

NewFiles

Segment_List

Leader board selection for segments

NewFiles

Segments

Segments

NewFiles

Settings

User profile and sensor pairings

NewFiles

Sports

Screen layouts

NewFiles

Summary

Activity summary from other devices

NewFiles

Totals

Activity totals

NewFiles

Workouts

Workouts

NewFiles

Multisport (Watches only)

Multisport settings

NewFiles

• Correct, cannot enter hr zones either! How can I go back to the previous version software, what version was that? 

• How do I do the reset?

• That would be version 9.10

Within the beta version download (found in the public beta 9.48 topic), you will find this and also the instructions on how to revert back to it.

Be advised that you will lose most of your settings, so you will need to backup the *.fit files as mentioned by aweatherall first.

• You can do a reset either though the UI under the System options menu or

Non-prompted Non-Vol Clear - Clears NV and deletes all FIT files including Activities, Courses, Workouts.

• Turn device off
    • Hold Lap/Reset and Start/Stop
    • Press and release the power button
    • Continue to hold only Lap/Reset and Start/Stop
    • Release Lap/Reset and Start/Stop when the Garmin Logo is cleared
    • The unit will restart and clear non-vol