This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Differences between Strava Route (IQ) and new direct sync

Hello,

There is a difference between the routes push in the edge 1030:

with strava route (connect IQ), there are more clims given by climbpro and the segments work normally which is not the case with direct sync :

Have you noticed that ?

• I suspect that what is happening is that the App used only Strava data so it was using their elevation data.

Now the course data points are loaded into  Garmin from Strava and when GC generates and exports the course it uses its own elevation data. 

The difference in elevation data is big enough that ClimbPro is detecting different climbs.

I'm not sure what the segment issue is . Could you describe what this?

• Thanks fot the answer.

For the segment, on the edge the name of the segment is not written  : three is only written "segment start and segment end and sometines at the beginning of the segment the sound of "RP has finished " starts.

• I have seen that. I did send a request into Garmin to see if it could be changed. 

I suspect that this is on the Strava side and that they are just using generic names for the start and end points when they create the special course points and then upload them to Garmin Connect.

• Ok thank you for this explanation.

Regarding climbpro : it is much more accurate with routes push into the edge with strava route.I made a comparison today and for example a climb was stop at half climb with "direct from strava" and not with strava route (IQ)

Moreover some climbs were absent with direct sync. 

So I continue using strava route.

• Garmin are looking into this at should use the elevation data from the site that uploaded the course to Garmin Connect.

• I have a question, besides the elevation (although I did not notice discrepancies )  , only a difference between actual GPS position and the beginning of the climb , I don't know , maybe 50-70 m , its annoying. 

With newest service, does the Strava route sync to Garmin , does it contained also the segments embedded in route ?

• Yes the new integration from Strava pushes your stared courses to Garmin. These courses included the required reference to your stared Strava segments. 

• Thank you , cool :)