This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

What is the difference between Time, Moving Time and Elapsed Time?

What is the difference between Time, Moving Time and Elapsed Time?

• Elapsed time - is the time from when the activity was started until when the activity was stopped.This includes any paused/stopped time.

Time - is the elapsed time minus any paused/stopped time. The timer can be stopped manually or automatically via auto-pause. This is really your moving time if the timer is paused when you stop. If you don't pause the timer then Time will equal Elapsed Time.

The above 2 times exist on the Edge.

Moving time - is only available via Garmin Connected and is computed on the server. It is a throw back to a time when units did not support auto-pause. It looks at the speed data and uses that to compute the amount of time you were actually moving.

"Moving Time" and "Time" should be quite similar if auto-pause is enabled and set to "when stopped".

• Thanks for explaining „Moving Time“. I always wondered what that was all about.

• After several years using Garmin EDGE devices I got it :-)  Thx a lot!

• Thank you. you solved my new question on the 1030 plus forum.

• Like you said, this only works if auto-pause is enabled. I find auto-pause annoying and would love to see moving time as a data field.