This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

EDGE 830 FAILED TO PAIR AFTER SLEEP MODE

I purchased my Edge 830 in DEC 2019 and it has worked perfectly for months without the slightest glitch.  Last week (MAR 2020) I noticed my power, cadence, and HR were not paired after I put the device in sleep mode.  All attempts to pair the devices on the fly were unsuccessful; the computer just spun and nothing happened.  I stopped the route, but that made no difference.  I had to shut the computer down and reboot, losing the data continuity from the ride.  Garmin, please bring back nirvana. 

• I personnaly always shutdown the device after a ride or recharge, and reboot when I start a new ride. It has always been more reliable that way. Its been an habit of mine for a long time. Boot time is quick so it is not really annoying to do.

• I do as well, but at rest points in a 200 miler I usually put the device in sleep mode to save battery.  For tracking purposes, if I reboot, I lose continuity.  Used to work fine, now there has been an issue.  

• A few alternatives for you.

1) use the power save mode rather than Sleep. It will turn off the screen and a few other things but will keep the device active. Power save mode can be enabled/desabled from the main widget

2) carry a small battery pack on those ride and plug-in during the breaks There are very cheap ones now a day that will do the job with a short USB cable

3) Get the Garmin Power Pack - more expensive than 2 but a lot but cleaner setup

• You'll get better responses in the Edge 830 forum.  forums.garmin.com/.../edge-830