This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Trainingpeaks training plan sync -how to force to sync?

Most recent beta (9.34), however I'm not 100% sure this is related as I haven't use sync for a while.

I created 3 event in the trainingpeaks: Monday, Thursday, Tuesday (in this order). Thursday transferred, Monday and Tuesday are not. I attempted sync via Garmin connect on my phone 4-5 times, but it has not been transferred after ~20 mintues.

What is the process to sync Edge 1030 with Trainingpeaks as far as the training plans concerned?

UPDATE: Connect IQ does not show also the Monday/Tuesday training, however trainingpeaks mobile app shows that.

• TRAININGPEAKS app has been discontinued long time ago 
    now it syncs through garmin connect calendar which should be linked to trainingpeaks

• Trainingpeaks mobil app still updated. Just check Android palystore. 

That is directly connected to Trainingpeaks website. 

The app you may think is on the edge 1030, that is discontinued. 

My problem is something else. 

1 of 3 structured training plan appeared on edge 1030. Also I further checked and Garmin connect may use traingpeaks' calendar ics file that somehow present only the Thursday training. 

I have already opened a case to TP in the meantime. 

• you mentioned connectIQ didnt show the planned workout ? what do you mean by that ? 
    my TP calenbdar still syncs fine to connect calendar and on from there to my edge 1030 
    one thing you can try (if you havent) is to remove conenction and then reconnect again 
    and in TP calendar you can hit the refresh arrow to update changes to connect 

the mobile TP app i only use for visual use

• and also check if TP calendar workouts are all synced to garmin connect calendar

• just made a test here 
    created a workout in trainingpeaks online calendar for today and saved it 
    checked it was vivible in Connect calendar and then started my edge 1030 and synced with connect mobile and right away the workout notification told me a workout for to day was planned 
    also have Beta 9.34 so for me everything works

• I think I have the answer.

Actually I found here in the forum.

It depends on the structured plan's setup. It appeared there should be a "cool down" part at the end. If that is not present then Garmin does not import it, or most likely Trainingpeaks does not export it.

I have a plan about microintervall training for cyclist with several peace change and training is described very well in plan. 

I added for tomorrow. It is there. I added another plan for today: it is not present in Garmin and also not in the ics file that the Trainingpeaks shares to be able to import to any 3rd party  calendar. I suspect Garmin Connect use the link to the ics file that has  already the wrong information.

I will inform TP about this as it looks like a bug.

• No problem here 

the test today was with no cooldown or  warmup but synced perfect 

maybe the workout type makes different ? 
    duration and power vs distance and power ? 

have you checked the connections to garmin connect is enabled

• Yes the connect works fine as if I add the microinterval training then it present immediately.

So it depends on the training.

Also I checked the content of the calendar file (.ics) and it appears to contain the missing training plan and now it looks like the my 3rd party calendar got the missing training plans, however, Garmin connect still shows 0 plan for the checked day.

It looks like the problem is not related to .ics file, Garmin connect is using different connection to Trainingpeaks (and yes, as I had to authorize Garmin to connect TP).

So connection works as some plan appears in the Garmin connect.

Really strange.

• How many steps is included in that workout with micro intervals ? Garmin has a limit on how many steps it allows from TP 

if there is to many it wint accept it 

i never checked the ics file or anything 

It just syncs to connect calendar and on to my edge