This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Edge 1030 and when a notification comes in of a call or text it stays on the screen for about 10 seconds then disappears

Hi I have the 1030 and when a notification comes in of a call or text  it stays on the screen for about 10 seconds then disappears. Surely i should be able to go back to it and find it. If i was not looking at the Garmin you miss it is this correct !! Can i hold it on the screen till i acknowledge it.

• Sorry, I don't see the advantage in this. It would be very annoying, having to ack each notification, especially during a ride. And then not seeing the data fields behind it.

• Hi Fieser

Not sure if you know anything about the garmin 1030 but the notification comes up in the lower 25% of the screen and stays active for only 15 seconds on the 1030. On the 1000 it does the same thing but stays until you wipe it down to remove it. ie after you seen it. 

A notification is there to be NOTED.

So I am just asking why the 1030 does not act the same as the 1000. 

Constructive remark's would be appreciated.

• I would like a setting that kept the notification on the screen until acknowledged.  I sometimes miss my "Eat Alert" as well.

• I agree, the notification should stay on top until I swipe/confirm it. A long time ago, that feature has been implemented in Edge 1030, but has gone after a while with updates.

GARMIN, please bring back that functionality.

Guido

• The Edge is not a phone and safety on the road is the priority. If you didn't see the message stop and check it if you want. 

On the Edge one of the widgets allows to see a missed notification if you don't want to pull out your phone. But again you should stop riding to do this. 

I think Garmin tried to minimize the physical interactions between the rider and the screen especially those not initiated by the rider. That you decide to flick the screen and do so is one thing and in all logic you do it when it is safe. But responding to notifications may not always happen when it is safe. I much prefer the current design - it goes away by itself without the rider having to deal with it. 

Safety should always be the 1st priority.

• Hi

I am old enough and wise enough to understand ridding techniques. If you follow the thread i am asking to have what was sold to me. A simple notification that stops me dangerously removing my phone from my pocket.  Please take a look at Garmin's promotional videos before commenting. If the function was available when I purchased the unit and that's why I purchased it for my wife (as it worked on my 1000) then it should be there now ! Which widget is this you talk about and what screen is it on. 

Martin stated:

On the Edge one of the widgets allows to see a missed notification if you don't want to pull out your phone. But again you should stop riding to do this. 

• Would be a good option but mine beeps when a notification pops up. Or like said swipe down and look in notifications widget. On the other hand by not including the option one has to go through more steps to see the message. Did not reduce the touches. This is like most software updates these days. Office with the stupid ribbon. Before want to draw something just select the tool from the top bar. Now have to select insert on the ribbon if it is visible. Adobe messes up Acrobat pro and reader. More steps to accomplish a task. Ok done complaining for the morning.