This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Syncing Strava Live segments issue

Trying to sync my Strava Live segments on my Edge 1030 (v9.10) but not all get downloaded. Also Segment explore in my device says i am not connected. Steps i tried to make it work:
- Authorised Garmin Connect to connect to Strava.
- Strava segments is selected.
- 100 segments limitation is respected, although i starred 75 Strava segments, all of them show up in Connect but not all are transferred.
- Synced several times via PC USB2 port & smartphone's bluetooth (Win7/Express, Android 8/Connect are up to date).
- Manual deletion on PC of the "Segment" and "Segment_List" folders.
- "Reset & delete data" on device + delete device from Connect website + delete/reinstall Connect app, + delete/reinstall BT + disconect/reconnect Strava from Connect.
- Unstarred and restarred all the segments.
- OS 9.28b doesn't help.

Collateral effects:
- Synching activities to Strava does work.
- Device sometimes not recognised on PC, but since i also tried on BT i guess this is not the culprit.
- Several road cycling segments i have never starred get transferred, even in different set of segments, they often show up in the Sync status and get loaded, i only do mountain biking.
- Some segments got duplicated with a different name, example: i_segment, t_segment. I found out it's a duplicate by opening the file in Notepad and finding the segment number.
- "Device & Sync status" on Connect website yesterday, last sync had the date of "7th February 2020" although i've been trying to sync after. Now date shows "15th Feb. 2020".
- Since i bought my device new, it got problems, first one i only solved some months ago. See https://forums.garmin.com/sports-fitness/cycling/f/edge-1030/171904/slow-edge-1030-since-new I had called Garmin and they had suggested to make a "Reset & Delete Data".

Former Member or anyone, can you suggest/help, please?

• I would mount the Edge on my computer, delete all files in the Garmin/Segment folder and start from scratch with a new sync

• Thanks for your suggestion but i had done that too already before doing the "Reset & Delete data", it was part of my 3 syncing attempts, just told myself that detailing my post so much would bore people and myself. Maybe better detail it anyway so that it's easier to keep track.

• REALLY no further help? Not even someone from Garmin!!!!!!!??????

• This is a user-to-user community forum. Garmin staff occasionally responds, but if you need assistance from Garmin best to contact them via the Garmin Support site

Meanwhile, we can try our best to help you here.

• I've seen several profiles here named "Garmin-name", so i guess they are officials, moderators... is it hard from them to redirect me just like you did? Anyway, thanks! I wrote all the steps i attempted in my first message...

• I'm experiencing the same issue with my EDGE 530. Haven't found a solution yet. 

• I've been informed by Garmin now that it is a bug introduced recently which prevents all selected Strava Live Segments to be loaded in the device. They just don't know on which OS the bug has been introduced. If anyone can tell us which OS does work perfectly for Strava Live Segments?

• I have a Garmin Edge 130 (not 1030) and have got issues with my Strava Live Segments being listed correctly in https://connect.garmin.com/ but have become out-of-sync on my device

Connect shows I have 68 starred segments, but my device shows only 60 segments, and there is at least one segment on my device that is now longer starred / on Connect.

I wonder if this is the same issue / bug mentioned by below. I'm not sure when it got out of sync - I only noticed it when a Strava starred segment failed to activate on my device the last couple times I rode it. 

My device fairly recently updated to 3.60 firmware tho. I think there was a more minor update in the last week or so too (still 3.60.x tho)

Meantime - any tips for forcing a re-synch? or possible could do more harm that good if  segment updates are a known issue from Garmin

Is there a way we can contact Garmin about it or get them to respond/help debug here ?

• I’ve reported it to Garmin ... I think any such issues should be reported officially it does sound like a (severe) bug 

• ' ... and there is at least one segment on my device that is now longer starred / on Connect ...'

That aspect at least was fixed by

a) going to Strava.com

b) Going to 'My Segments'

c) At the top of the screen setting the 'Popular Segments' radio button to 'Off' (make sure strava.com is connected to your Garmin Connect account)

Doing this removed the now-unstarred segment and brought the Live segments on my device down to 59 rather than 60. But there are still 9 of my starred segments missing on my Edge 130 device. I am going to investigate exactly which ones and see if there is anything special about them and if so will report back