This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

My Garmin Edge 1030 keeps dropping the signal when connected to my TACX NEO 2 trainer!

My Garmin Edge 1030 keeps dropping the signal when connected to my TACX NEO 2 trainer! Anyone can help me? I have the TACX app connected via bluetooth with my smart trainer and the Edge 1030 via ANT+ with the smart trainer.

• Yup. Same here raised the issue with Garmin oved a month ago. Still no fix on the horizon. Suggest you also do the same the more people raising the issue the better the chance of it getting fixed 

• Thanks for your reply. I will wait for a final solution then... What I heard is that Garmin purchased the TACX company, so hope they can fix this issue soon.

• I have the same issue with my 830. I think it began with the update a couple of months ago.

• There is a video about some remedies you can try. One is chaging the 2.4ghz Wifi broadcast to Channels 1, 2 or 3 and make sure it is not on anything 9 or above (9 - 13). 5ghz Wifi is not affected by this.

The link to the video of GPLama: https://youtu.be/H1WvBJbyJHM 

Hope it helps.

• What has Wifi to do with ANT+ problems?

• Radio interference if the WiFi channel in use is too close to the ANT+ spectrum when using 2.4 GHz. This can cause lost data packages.

• Ok, thanks!

And sorry - should have watched the linked video first...

• Thanks for the tip & the link. I wish the fix was that simple. My 2.4 GHz WiFi is on Channel 1. I even tried disabling it completely & still getting regular Power & Cadence dropouts though Speed is totally fine. When I say regular I mean apart from a few occasions the dropouts occur at around 3m40s intervals

I don't get any dropouts on my Fenix 6 (ANT+ sensors), Edge 800 (ANT+ sensors) or on the Tacx Android App (BT Sensors). The only difference is that the Edge 1030 has a trainer sensor pairing to my Neo2T for FE-C control as I do my own ERG workouts & don't rely on Zwift etc. to control the trainer.

Below is today's trainer ride with Beta F/W 9.25. Half way though the workout the Edge totally lost the Neo2T connection & I had to stop the timer, power cycle the Edge & Re-pair it again.

After that because I'd rebooted the Edge my workout got screwed up & the Edge wouldn't advance to the next workout step when the step timer completed & I had to press the lap key to get it to advance at least when it did advance the Edge did set the Neo to the correct target power

• This is my experience as well. My nearly 4 year old F3HR never drops ANT+ connection to 2T, but the Edge loses connection every 3-4 minutes for about 10 seconds. 

• I got a temporary solution to this. I realized if I connect the trainer as a power sensor and speed sensor only, it works fine. I had to unbind the trainer from my Indoor profile. Anyone tried the same?