This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

battery flat after a few days

I've recently bought an Edge 1030. After a ride I press the power button to shut it off. Usually a ride is 2-3 hours and there's plenty of battery left. Twice now I've come back a few days later and it's completely flat.

Is there something I need to do to shut it off properly? This never happened with my old Edge 1000.

• Press and hold the power button.  If you just press it briefly, it goes to sleep.  This uses a little power and will eventually drain the battery.

• Sure, the first time I came back after two weeks and it was flat, which didn't surprise me. But the second time was only three days, which doesn't seem right. I left it this long before without issue, same on the 1000.

• Make sure you do a proper shutdown and not just sleep. To shutdown you need to press-hold the power button then a dialog apprears on the screen. South the "Turn Off" red button. and make sure the screen completely turn off. I once had issues where it would hang during shutdown without completing it and that was killing the battery.