This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Routing on Edge 1030 is wrong (compared to 820)

When routing on my Edge 1030 (Roadbike mode) , it will take me over the "Autobahn/Highway". I used the same settings as on my Garmin 820 (especially avoidance of "Autobahn/Highway"). On my Edge 820 I'll get a perfect route on cycleways or minor roads. I tried different settings, without sucess.

What is wrong here?

BTW I am on firmware 9.10...

• Did you try to activate BOTH  maps N-E & S-W together with the Geocode map?

Yes, several times...that was the "default" setting.... Basemap, DEM Map, Geocodemap and NE+SW maps activated. I am trying to do a fresh map install (via Garmin connect) on another computer right now...

• You don’t need to test more. All what you write about  2019.20 North i can confirm with your example on my devices and with basecamp. Routing doesn’t work and is buggy. With older (2019.10,,2018.20) routing works .Garmin must solve the problem with a new card. 

• is it possible to download 2019.10? somewhere?
    What is the best way to contact Garmin, regarding this issue?

• o.k. even a second reinstall of the map on a different computer with newest Garmin Express didn't solve the issue. So...

GARMIN THERE IS SOMETHING WRONG INSIDE YOUR 2019.20 EU Cycle Map North-East !!!!

Strange though, that I am (one of) the first (?) person(s) reporting this issue...

• Did start gmt Tool (Command line on macOS with Parameter -i) from http://www.gmaptool.eu/en/content/gmaptool in the 2019.20 North IMG-File. There some Error-Reports in that File in not see in 2019.10 North .

• Maybe because in North-East is starting winter, so less people on the road ?

And myself (however living in South West map according the map) I use since 2011 on my first Garmin only maps from openfietsmap.nl

• I've had exactly the same problems with the 2018.1 Map in western Europe. Wrote countless times with Garmin Support and tried pretty much everything. The only thing that finally solved my issues was the 2018.2 Map update. However, it took several months until the update came out. During that time, I had to use a third party map to navigate. Otherwise my device would have been useless. Thank you very much for the warning that there seems to be a problem with the newest map again. I will definitely not update until further notice that the issues are solved.

• Hi gerograph, do you know if the issue has been resolved? I'm still unsure wether to update my maps or not... Thanks!

• No, I didn't test. They suggested to deeinstall GARMIN EXPRESS -> reeinstall Garmin Express -> reeinstall Garmin Maps. The old maps still work fine. Hower, updating won't be wrong. Just make sure to backup your current/2018.20 maps. You should be able to use those maps with a new Firmware version as well.

• I have the same issue when I route in Germany. I deactivated the original maps on my Edge 830 and installed the OpenFietsMap which I downloaded for free.

I've sent a mail to Garmin to report the issue, but no response yet.