This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Getting alarm sound on phone when alarm activated

As above if the alarm is activated and linked to your phone, WHY cant you be informed via sound on the phone, we are off the bike to get a coffee etc and chat unless you are looking at the phone you wont know your bike alarm has triggered, is it possible to get the phone to alarm as well etc 

• I have exactly the same issue with an iPhone 11. I took my phone and 1030 to the Apple Store and demonstrated the problem to the guy there. He checked all my settings and said it's a Garmin problem. I emailed support at Garmin telling them this and they said "Check your phone"!

• I think I've made some progress. There's an iPhone feature called  Deliver Quietly that needs to be turned off which I don't seem to be able to do. Another trip to Apple is called for. I'll let you know what I find out t12.

• Thanks guys, I have Samsung S10 plus but I am sure it will be a similar problem with IOS, looks like we have to resolve ourselves 

• It's happening on two different platforms so it looks like it really is Garmin's problem. You saved me a trip to the Apple store. Thanks.

• Same problem for me. I've left the alarm activated several times and always who warns me are friends who are passing by the bike and hear the alarm ringing. When I look at the smartphone, there is only a small silent icon saying the alarm has sounded. There could be a beep on the cell phone and also vibrating alert. Android user
  • When I purchased my new 830, I thought that the bike alarm feature would provide a bit of comfort when I park my bike at the local coffee shop.  Boy was I wrong.  The notifications sent to my phone are silent -- and invisible (I would have to know in advance that there was a notification and then navigate my phone to find it -- it does not pop-up on the screen).  And of course there is no alarm sound on my phone to alert me.  As others have mentioned, the alarm "sound" on the edge is ridiculously soft.  I have a Galaxy S8 phone.

Totally useless feature!!!

• I also have the same issue on my iPhone 7 iOS 13.3.1. Notifications for Sound is set to ‘On’ but audio alerts are not working. I don’t have any audio alerts issues with any other apps so the problem is so far exclusive to Garmin Connect. Can anybody confirm the feature works with iPhone and if so which model and iOS?
  • I found the solution for Android and I think iOS is similar:

Settings >> Notifications and app >> Garmin Connect Mobile >> Notifications >> Bike Alarm >> Advanced >> Activate Vibrate mode.

Thereis also the possibility for you to choose a custom alert sound. I downloaded one from the web.

• Thx George. That's encouraging it works with Android. iOS menu is currently different:

Settings >> Notifications >> Connect >> Sounds (ON)

Hopefully Garmin will get around to adding the 'Bike Alarm' feature.  

• It would be nice that the iPhone alerts the user. Actually the feature is far less useful without this.