This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

quarter turn mount for UT800 Light failure

Can someone from Garmin please help resolve this on going problem with their quarter turn mount for their UT800 light. I have had 4 of these mounts now and each of them only lasted about 1-2 months. They wear very quickly from just removing the light for charging. they start to rattle and during rides they rattle themselves completely off the out front mount and the light comes off completely (this has happened to me twice)

I am in the process with Garmin Australia of getting another mount and they seem to be oblivious to the problem and my case number???  please review reply from Garmin below:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Richard,

Thank you for contacting Garmin Australasia, 

Can you please send through photos of both the UT800 and the mount you are attaching this to?

Can you see any physical damage to the clips on the device, and if so how it could have occurred?

A proof of purchase for the UT800 would also be advisable. 

If you have any further questions at all then please feel free to contact us on 1800 235 822 EST (Australia), 0800 427 652 (New Zealand) 8:30am-5pm (Mon-Fri).

Kind Regards

Kristina

Product Support Consultant

Garmin Australasia

Phone: AU 1800 235 822 NZ 0800 427 652

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

well here we go again Garmin product support, I will list my case numbers below so please read them!!

CASE NUMBERS:

• I am having the same problem. What was Garmin's solution? Another quarter turn adapter?

• They sent another one out, this one is still working ok at the moment??  Not sure why?? Perhaps they changed the design? It has not become lose yet?? Will keep you posted??

cheers

• I have been using this mount for yers and never had issues like you report. However yes there was an annoying rattle which I fixed by cutting a piece of hockey tape (kind of think rubber-ish tape, maybe a few layers of electrical tape would do) and I inserted it in the mount, the part attached to the light. That tape remove any slack, no rattles. And I never had the mount get undone on the road, yet I remove the light all the time for charging or switching bike. I don't have the light with me so I cannot send a picture. But I have been using my UT800 on two bikes for a large number of ride, many gravel rides with lots of vibration, and never had any issue. I suggest you give this a try.

• Have also tried that, it’s a temporary fix. Eventually the quarter turn will fail and you will lose your light etc. as I did. I had to get a new Garmin 1030. 

• I've tried the electrical tape as well as a temporary fix and is a decent interim solution. Doesn't fix the problem with the adapter. Guess I'll ask Garmin to send a new one.

• Yes, I think that’s your only option, I have been though 5 of them.

• For me it has been a permanent fix. The piece of tape sites there in the cavity of the female mount piece and I never have to touch it. It takes the slack and works all the time. Good luck.