This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Recovery time: location and customization?

I actually use the Recovery Time feature on my 1030, as a general tool. I only use heart rate.

Is the 1030 the only place I can see the Recovery Time? It seems to be attached to the Garmin, not the ride itself.  It would be great if it was attached to each ride, then you could see improvement over the same rides as time goes on.

Is there a way to turn it off for certain activity screens? I sometimes record my heart rate during sleep, which knocks my recovery time down to the minimum. i.e. if I was counting down at 30 hours then record my sleep, it will be down to 6 hours in the morning.

• Recovery time I think is only on the device and is either on or off, and can't be selected per profile. If you want to see fitness improvement then recovery time isn't a great metric but there are plenty of metrics on the connect website

e.g.

https://connect.garmin.com/modern/report/activity_training_status/all/last_four_weeks

fwiw the edge isn't designed as a 247 HR tracking device, you really need a watch for that

• Thanks for your reply, I did try turning it off for sleep last night, and when I turned it back on (Recovery), the hours were correct. So that at least works - it's just two extra steps and relies on a not- so-good memory =:0 I also prefer to have something on an actual device vs the cloud but it seems there is so little choice with that these days.

Unfortunately things on my wrists and fingers tend to get beat up, which is why I rely on my phone and Garmin. I suspect that's why I can't see some of the other metrics even though I think I have them turned on correct? i.e. resting heart rate, steps etc?

That link you posted, I'm pretty sure that's duplicated in the mobile app too? I can see fitness improvement there, but a lower recovery time on identical routes would also indicate improvement. 

I realize there's been debate over the accuracy of the recovery times, and I respect that. 2017 & 2018 were unfortunately light training years for me, and it was interesting to use the 1030 features this past year as a guide to building my endurance back up.

Thanks again!