This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Edge 1030 Beta 8.08 is now available

Download

Notes:

• For any issues that you encounter please fill out the form included in the download and attach it to an email to [email protected]. Please note that you may not get a response to the email unless we need more information on the issue you report.
  • Although this software is believed to be reliable, it has not yet been released for production and should be used at your own risk.

Change History

Changes made from version 8.07 to 8.08:

• Fixed an issue where activities could report inaccurate distances if GPS was acquired after the activity started.
  • Fixed an issue where only a single sensor of each type was shown in the Search All list.
  • Fixed an issue with the Trainer Found prompt appearing too often.
  • Added map and elevation data screens to indoor profiles when a course is active.
  • Updated the segment leaderboard strings to be more descriptive.
  • Fixed an issue where the back button had unexpected behavior in some Connect IQ apps.
  • Fixed a crash related to BLE sensor connection.
  • Fixed a crash related to ClimbPro.

Installation Instructions

1. Connect your Edge 1030 device to your computer using the micro-USB cable.
  2. Download and unzip Edge1030_808Beta.zip and place the GUPDATE.gcd file in the \Garmin folder of your device's internal storage drive.
  3. Disconnect your device from the computer, approve the update on the Edge, and wait for the update to finish.
  4. If you would like to revert to the last public release software, follow the above steps but place the GUPDATE-800.GCD file in the \Garmin folder. Rename the file to GUPDATE.GCD before disconnecting your device.
    NOTE: If you revert to an older version of software, all of your settings will be reset to defaults.
  • I would like to thank Garmin for continuous improvement

Bug fixes in the first place !

Keep the good work

• Absolutely - good work Garmin on the progressive updates. Fantastic stuff......great to see the quicker dev cycles and releases which include fixes. 

• First ride with 8.08, no problems found.

• The same issues I had with 8.06/8.07 are still occurring in 8.08. 

Link to original post: forums.garmin.com/.../947595

The main issue for me is with CIQ Apps & Widgets, which communicate with a mobile device to download routes. I’ve tried the Grouteloader, Gimporter & IQ Map Receiver apps & all are taking ages to download routes that previously would have taken less than a minute.

The Ride with GPS app stalls at the Loading splash screen unless I switch bluetooth off on my phone, open the CIQ app then turn bluetooth on the phone back on. There's certainly something screwy going on. I thought it might be a GCM issue, but I rolled back to a version of GCM that I knew worked but even that version had the same symptoms.

One new? thing I spotted was that ANT+ sensors frequently don't auto connect, which previously happened very rarely & the edge remote seems to be less responsive, sometimes requiring a few presses to change screens. The rapid flash of the Green LED seems to indicate to me that it is disconnecting/reconnecting.  For some reason this seems to happen more frequently when using an Indoor profile, though not sure on the reasons for this.

• Still have the phone<>1030 connection problem with 8.08 - I can only get the two units to establish a connection by rebooting my phone *after* the 1030 has powered up. Once the connection is established, it seems pretty stable - I usually get just a couple of "phone disconnected" followed by "phone connected" messages appearing on the 1030 during each activity.

The problem is definitely with the 1030, as I also have a 1000, and when I use it, it connects to the phone every time as soon as it powers on without any stuffing around needed, nor do I get the "disconnected/connected" messages appearing.

Phone is a Pixel 2 running Android 10 and latest version of GCM.

• Connect shows 8.08 incorrectly as 8.8.0.0 on mobile and web.

On my first outing yesterday on one Strava segment the Strava segment display got stuck. However, activity still kept on running so switching screen was sufficient fix.

• the climb pro function is late and shows the climb when it is already over. positioning offset with the gps?

• Last ride I did ClimbPro was also always off. It was starting climb's some 250m too late and completing them another 250m too early. I could see the proper profile on the elevation page but the ClimPro profile appeared to be off. I will need to pay attention with my next ride to see if the same thing happen again