This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Garmin 1030 purchased 11th June 2019. Absolute Rubbish and I am so dissapointed / angry at poor performance.

Device locks up almost immediately after start up. Fails to record distance, speed, cadence etc. The only thing which seems to work consistently is the Heart Rate Monitor!. If I load a pre-prepared route and select 'Ride' there is a good chance the device will operate correctly but even this cannot be guaranteed. Yesterday, my preprepared ride worked for the first 25.6 miles where I stopped, pressed the pause whilst I had a coffee but the device failed to resume! I could not save, delete or turn device off! 

After a while, pressing the power button for around 10 seconds, it powerd down. I later started the device again and was able to record the last 16.4 miles of my 50 mile ride.

Todays ride, the device recorded 0.77 (time), 0 feet, 1 lap and an average speed of 0.00 mph!. This is typical of recent performance and all for £461.68.

I am having to rely on fellow riders sending me there records so that I can add to my Strava.

What the *** am I doing wrong? It seemed to be working OK for the first couple of weeks. It is being regularly updated. 

It seems to work correctly 1 in 5 attempts but I can never be sure. As a Ride Leader, I use / need the turn by turn navigation system but my device is useless and I have to rely on somebody else using a Whahoo or other device.

Is there a Warranty on theses devices? How do I get a replacement? This is my third Garmin device. The first was an Edge 25 and was brilliant. The second was an Edge 820, worked ok until the battery died when I replaced it for my current Edge 1030 which is next to useless.

Help please!

• Maybe a faulty unit.  I just returned one that I had 2 weeks.  I kind of sense when the problems are not going away.  I’m now on a 2nd unit that the local LBS sold me, I have 30 days to figure out if it’ll be OK.  A buddy has the 1030 as well has had no issues.  Maybe call Garmin and demand a replacement.  

Repair/replacement info is here

support.garmin.com/.../