This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

New Edge 1030 Public Beta 7.85 Now Available

A new Beta software for the Edge 1030 has been released. Full change log, instructions, and software for installing the beta can be found here.

• For any issues that you encounter please fill out the form included in the download and attach it to an email to [email protected]. Please note that you may not get a response to the email unless we need more information on the issue you report.
  • Although this software is believed to be reliable, it has not yet been released for production and should be used at your own risk.

Changes made from version 7.50 to 7.85:

• Training Load Focus. Low Aerobic, High Aerobic, and Anaerobic stats are tracked over a 4 week window and the user should be able to track what needs to be focused on.
  • Two-way setting sync. Changes to some settings made on the Edge (zones, user profile, etc) will now be uploaded to Garmin Connect.
  • Heat/Altitude Acclimation. Shows user's acclimation to different altitudes and hot/humid environments.
  • ClimbPro. See upcoming climbs while riding a course so you can prepare for needed effort
  • Power Curve tracking has been added to the My Stats menu.
  • Nutrition/Hydration tracking alerts
  • Training Plan Review Page Improvements
  • Workout Comparison Graph. Provides live feedback while executing a workout.
  • Widget Management. Disable and re-order items in the widget loop
  • Bike Theft Alarm*. While armed, get alerted when your Edge device moves.
  • Find My Edge*. Help find a misplaced Edge by making it beep or showing its last known location on your phone.
  • Grit/Flow**
  • Jump Metrics**
  • Added a new Popular data field category and generally improved the data field category order
  • Updated screen creation and editing flow (applies to eBike/STEPS, Lap Summary, Segment, and Data Screen)
  • Ability to swap data fields while in the timer loop on long press instead of edit only (additional tap required)
  • Updated battery icon to be more visible in some places
  • Incident detection setting is now active per profile instead of globally
  • Added ability to hide data screens without deleting them
  • Reordered settings to match the Edge 830, mainly splitting the growing number of settings into Safety & Tracking (Incident Detection, Get Assistance, Contacts, GroupTrack, Bike Alarm) and Connected Features (Phone, WiFi, Device Transfers)
  • Additional small changes and improvements

* Complete functionality requires an upcoming Garmin Connect Mobile release

** Mountain Bike Profile Only

• I had to restart all my devices after installing the Beta to get the connection going.

Would like a manual on how to use some of the new features:

• Bike alarm, I can set the pin code but how do I activate the alarm?
    • The elevation profile field on the map, it's kind of useless this way because it only shows a very small part of the total ride (maybe only a few meters). And because the field is low height I didn't see any elevation changes at all, just a field with a lower green part and an upper grey part and a balloon somewhere on the line. I didn't even realize it was an elevation profile until I bumped into a known error in the elevation data. There (seems to be) is no way of changing the scale.  
    • Climb pro: seems to work fine if the climb pro screen is activated before starting a climb. However, when I rode up to the second climb on the list my screen was showing a normal data screen, it automatically swapped to the Climb pro screen but within a few seconds (while still on the climb) that screen disappeared and the climb also disappeared from the list. 
    • Next to that the Climb pro functionality consistently kept on telling me I finished the climb about 200 meters before the actual climb was finished, it did that with every climb. 

No other issues found so far, but I haven't tested much. 

• Hey quick question, is the new update recording Load for each activity?

• I have Climb Pro enabled in the profile and also have the data screen set. But I don't see the Climb Pro data screen while I riding. I prepared a route in garmin connect, locus, and mapy.cz. And the screen nowhere. What am I doing wrong?

• Great to have new features, but have you fixed the current broken ones?

- Does it tell me how much battery I have left, i.e. no longer stuck on 100% and have to power off/on to find out?

- Is Auto Start Live Track working again, like it used to before all that contacts management change debacle?

- Are saved rides uploaded automatically on WifI without having to switch into standby and back on to force the upload?

• Did my first ride on 7.85 this morning.  No sign of respiration rate i'm afraid.  Training Load and focus are there.

Although for some reason, my lights widget was gone and so was Accuweather.

I had to re-install the lights widget and Accuweather seemed to come back on its own.  All working again now.  Go figure.

• Former Member
    0 Former Member over 4 years ago

First ride with V7.85.

Result: Fit file corrupted... It won't upload anywhere.

2019-08-15-07-58-02.fit.zip

• You activate the alarm via the Garmin Connect app in an upcoming update.

• It could be that none of the climbs meet the requirements of ClimbPro, have a read of the following.

https://forums.garmin.com/sports-fitness/cycling/f/edge-830/168010/understanding-climbpro-on-the-edge

• Thanks for your answer. I know where the problem was. No hills in my area. I use the route from mountains and everything is ok

• i upgraded mine yesterday.  After the upgrade my 1030 didn't shut down properly when I powered it down so it ran down 50% of the battery over night.  I got it shut down and booted it back up and did a ride.  I see the ride showing as today when I look at the history on the 1030 but it wouldn't actually upload anywhere.  I went to go try to "repair" the file if needed and it doesn't even show a FIT file from my ride this morning.  Didn't lose all the data since it was a Zwift ride but a little apprehensive about my next outside ride recording.