This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

New Edge 1030 Public Beta 7.85 Now Available

A new Beta software for the Edge 1030 has been released. Full change log, instructions, and software for installing the beta can be found here.

• For any issues that you encounter please fill out the form included in the download and attach it to an email to [email protected]. Please note that you may not get a response to the email unless we need more information on the issue you report.
  • Although this software is believed to be reliable, it has not yet been released for production and should be used at your own risk.

Changes made from version 7.50 to 7.85:

• Training Load Focus. Low Aerobic, High Aerobic, and Anaerobic stats are tracked over a 4 week window and the user should be able to track what needs to be focused on.
  • Two-way setting sync. Changes to some settings made on the Edge (zones, user profile, etc) will now be uploaded to Garmin Connect.
  • Heat/Altitude Acclimation. Shows user's acclimation to different altitudes and hot/humid environments.
  • ClimbPro. See upcoming climbs while riding a course so you can prepare for needed effort
  • Power Curve tracking has been added to the My Stats menu.
  • Nutrition/Hydration tracking alerts
  • Training Plan Review Page Improvements
  • Workout Comparison Graph. Provides live feedback while executing a workout.
  • Widget Management. Disable and re-order items in the widget loop
  • Bike Theft Alarm*. While armed, get alerted when your Edge device moves.
  • Find My Edge*. Help find a misplaced Edge by making it beep or showing its last known location on your phone.
  • Grit/Flow**
  • Jump Metrics**
  • Added a new Popular data field category and generally improved the data field category order
  • Updated screen creation and editing flow (applies to eBike/STEPS, Lap Summary, Segment, and Data Screen)
  • Ability to swap data fields while in the timer loop on long press instead of edit only (additional tap required)
  • Updated battery icon to be more visible in some places
  • Incident detection setting is now active per profile instead of globally
  • Added ability to hide data screens without deleting them
  • Reordered settings to match the Edge 830, mainly splitting the growing number of settings into Safety & Tracking (Incident Detection, Get Assistance, Contacts, GroupTrack, Bike Alarm) and Connected Features (Phone, WiFi, Device Transfers)
  • Additional small changes and improvements

* Complete functionality requires an upcoming Garmin Connect Mobile release

** Mountain Bike Profile Only

• Yes and it now syncs correctly via physio True Up to the fr945

• Same thing happens with Strava Routes app

• Update went fine. I just had to redo the connection with my phone, connection seems now faster. True-up is working with 945, but still haven't tried recording on the edge. So far happy with it. Will see how it goes on activity.

• Looks like a really nice update, although I will hold off until final as some people are reporting lost profiles.

Does anyone know if this build includes the respiration rate functionality as it is not mentioned in the change logs? I was looking forward to this feature in particular, along with the training focus stuff.

• I've been doing a little bug spotting with 7.85 today.

Firstly; Nice to see the font on the Elevation Profile axis being more visible. Please..Please...Please can you do the same with the scale on the Map Screen it's tiny!

Bug #1: Discarded Rides still get saved & uploaded to GC. This doesn't happen every time but I've replicated it on several tests for it not to be finger trouble. 

It's easy enough to test. Stop recording an Activity & choose Discard, following acknowledging the 'Discard without saving' message you get the 'Discarding Activity' message & the spinny thingy but when you go to the History the ride is there & if you have a phone connection it uploads to GC

Bug #2: If you have a Radar enabled & are reviewing the Elevation Profile in Saved Courses, when you select a point on the profile. Whether connected to the Radar or not; Radar Icon obscures the Elevation of the selected point

Bug (New Feature) #3: Elevation Profile issues, these may be bugs or new 'features'  either way it's all a bit weird. Try the following

1. Load a saved course & select 'Ride'. If you are prompted to navigate to the start of the course, select 'X' (No). Don't press Start. The Edge will calculate your course. All good so far

2. On the Edge select the 'Elevation Profile' Data Screen. Selecting the X & Y axis scales allows you to zoom in & out of the loaded course profile as you wish. Still Good

3. Now press 'Start'. What happens next depends if you are actually on the route of the loaded course or not.

> If you are on the course then all is good the X & Y axis remain as you previously selected, you can set the X & Y axis for the loaded course to view the elevation profile as you wish

> If you are not on the course the Elevation Profile reverts to showing your current elevation on the RHS of the screen & elevation history to the left, the X axis defaults to 25% of the current distance covered (Initially 0m) increasing as you ride & the Y axis defaults to some automatic value. How this is determined I don't know but I guess it's based on the elevation history. Either way you cannot then set the X or Y axis to anything greater than these default values, if you attempt to do so they just revert back to the previous settings. (You can zoom in just not out)

4. Once you are on the course you can set the X & Y axis as you wish. However if you got off course the previous observations apply where the X & Y Axis revert to the Automatic values with your current elevation & elevation history displayed until you regain the course where normal service resumes

I can sort of understand the rhetoric here, but when it flips between the two adjusting the X & Y axis. It's just plain confusing. Previously the elevation profile would show your point on the profile where you left the course & would update when you regained the course again.

Think of it another way, say you were following a course & were viewing your progress on the profile. Repeated GPS anomalies or discrepancies between the mapping & your actual position, which the Garmin deemed was off-course would result in the elevation profile switching back & forward between the profile of the loaded course & the current elevation/elevation history

Secondary to this; Bug #4: If you are not navigating a loaded course and just recording an activity. The Elevation Profile shows your current elevation & elevation history and the X & Y axis default to automatic values. You can change the Y axis, however as soon as you switch form the elevation profile to another Data Screen and back again the Y axis resets to the original setting.

• Update went fine.

I did a short 30 km ride and noticed that Strava Live segments did not work during the ride. Nor do they show up on today's ride in the history. For rides prior to update, segments are still available on those activities. Power Curve remained empty after this ride although I have Vector 2's. Power Curve works on Connect.

I especially liked new summary Slight smile And sweat estimate ;)

• Please don’t forget to send your bug report to the beta team with mail. I think the bets team doesn’t watch this forum.

• Yep, thanks Thumbsup I've also fired this off to the Beta team. I posted here to see if other beta testers agree or have had the same observations

• Mi too

They delete my second bike profile

They crash after the fist start

I test it tomorow morning