This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Segments times on Edge 1030

Hello, I have the Edge 1030 and when I ride a segment it shows the times of my friends, they always beat me as they are 20 years younger.  Is there a way that my Edge 1030 only shows my times while I am on a segment?  That way I can see if I am doing better or worse in a more fair way.  I use Strava ones but I do not mind changing to the Garmin segments.

• I'm not a big fan of segments but I do have a few of the Garmin segments. They seem to work very well and I can choose to compete against the best overall segment time or my own personal best time. On Garmin Connect I think you can then show a list of your times on the segment.

• Yes there is an option to tell the edge to race your one PR rather than the overall PR. That is how I have mine setup. I don’t recall where it is but it does exist. 

• thanks, but what I like is as I am riding a segment to check how I am doing compare to my own best times, not others.  I am an old sod so what's is the point of ALWAYS seeing in my Garmin someone else's time that I can never get even close to, I want to race against my own times and see my progress.... there must be a way...

• When a segment pops up you can choose automatic (the line in the top of the screen). When you choose automatic garmin takes the time closest to your current time. In my case this is always my own best time.

• You can choose in the classification of each segment that always choose your best time. It takes a while and is very little logical in a 21st century device. (Garmin and his software ..... ¡¡). The problem comes later, when the garmin is synchronized and returns to everything as before you chose in each segment your time as a reference. Summary ?, you lose 10 minutes of time for garmin to bug you again when you synchronize. These are the things that annoy this brand. How difficult is it to do what the client wants? How difficult is it to let us choose to compete against yourself and not against others? This is a lot to ask for. Is it so difficult to do things right?

• I said you can go against your personal best. Is that not what you want to do?

• You can change the segment time to race against your Personal Best.

Select Training Icon>Segments>Select the Segment you want to change>Leaderboard>Select Personal Best or a different time you want to race against. (The steps are the same for Strava Segments)

• Thanks for this, do I need to do this for every segment?  how about if it is link to Strava....  Strava does provide more accurate segments.  

• Thanks so much, very surprised Garmin cannot offer this in a better way, it is basic stuff that you would expect on a fitness computer Stuck out tongue closed eyes

• Thanks, but this doesn't work for me.  My PR is not showing in the leaderboard on my 1030.  Wasn't sure if it was because I kept my data private on Strava but I have changed this and still no sign of my PR.  Also, the leaderboard is showing that it hasn't updated for 48hrs - is there a way to make this happen more frequently?