This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Intensity Minutes and Training Stress Score V7.50

Hi, Has anybody else noticed their rides on the new firmware (7.5) are not accumulating intensity minutes?  I rode 30 minutes at threshold twice this week and neither accumulated intensity minutes as should be expected.  Likewise my ride showed a Training Stress Score (TSS) of 52 which is way too low...

Anybody else having the same issue?  All my previous rides on the old firmware were absolutely fine.

Thanks

• I'm pretty sure the 1030 never calculated intensity minutes.  Only wearable devices do that.

• Certainly my connect & mobile app have been accumulating intensity minutes for all rides on my 1030 prior to version 7.50. Maybe they are not calculated on the device - but they are certainly derived from my 1030 activities...Well, they were

• - is correct. Only certain Garmin Wearables have the intensity minutes feature.

• As for your TSS, what are you comparing this TSS to (A Previous activity)? Can you share a link to your recent activity? Did you manually set your FTP or did you let the Edge 1030 Auto Detect the FTP?

• Ok,  I suspect I know what has happened...  Is it likely that my Fenix 3HR was accumulating the intensity minutes while I was riding and logging the activity on my 1030?  If this is the case, then it is probably my Marq Expedition which is the issue.  I've been wearing the Marq for about 10 days and looking back I can see that the intensity minutes have not been accumulating normally since switching from the Fenix to the Marq.  Does this make sense with how intensity minutes work?

• The TSS seems really low - according to the information online it should be over 150 for a tempo/threshold ride.  My ride data from today is below - a TSS of 44.2 would indicate a rest/recovery ride which isn't accurate.

210 W
    Avg Power
    602 W
    Max Power
    235 W
    Max Avg Power (20 min)
    227 W
    Normalized Power® (NP®)
    Intensity Factor® (IF®)
    Training Stress Score®
    253 W
    FTP Setting
    422 kJ
    Work
  • I think we need more info from this activity. But my guess is the duration has a lot to do with your low TSS number.  This link might also help with explaining the low number. It is only possible to get 100 TSS per hour.

What is TSS? TrainingPeaks: www.trainingpeaks.com/.../

• my planned TSS for today workout was 47 and i completed with 45 on FW 7.50, alle the past days my planned TSS in the workouts completed correctly as awaited since 7.50 FW release:

Intensity minutes on Fenix 5 (FW 13.30) something arround 100 -120 for 45 TSS, couldn't see exactly in this graphic:

• Thanks, that article is good.  My confusion came from the Garmin guidelines:  

TSS® Guide

• Below 150 - recovery for ride will likely be finished by the next day (low)
    • 150 to 300 - may be some leftover tiredness the next day, but gone by 2nd day (medium)
    • 300 to 450 - may be some tiredness Even after two days (high)
    • More than 450 - Likely be tired for several days after ride (very high)

It is here as a support article:  https://support.garmin.com/en-US/?faq=9EOIDzMcjx7kFqTJUGqHj5

I was expecting to see much higher number, but after reading the TrainingPeaks article it makes more sense.  Thanks

• Thanks, I was expecting much higher numbers but the TrainingPeaks article explains it well.