This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Edge 1000 Training Effect & Cycling VO2MAX

I’m using a Garmin Edge 1000, and I just noticed that my most recent ride isn’t showing any data for Training Effect (like it doesn’t appear at all) and my VO2MAX cycling data is completely blank. 

What am I missing here? Is there some magic metric or setting that I need to start having this data show up?

• Also noticing my vo2max  and training effect has been blank now for the last month. Not done anything different seems to just have stopped working. Any ideas anyone?

• We have a case open and we are looking into what is causing this to occur. I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

• Thanks for the update. I forgot to mention that I am using the 1030

• Any feedback on this issue with the “Training Effect”, I have the same situation with the Edge 1000. Thanks

• Do you have a resting heart rate in your zone settings? Sometimes I've known it to disappear especially after fw updates & if its not there I dont get those metrics

• I have the same problem, any solution for now?? 

• So ok I have it all working ok now so I thought I would share.

1. All calculations are done on the device, not the cloud so you have to make sure  your heart rate zones make sense on the Garmin itself! This fixed the issue I was having regarding my training load being too high

2. I stopped zwift rides being being sent to the garmin after a ride was complete. Zwift does not have the right data points to make the enable calculations for VO2 etc when its sent to Garmin (remember the ride has to originate on the device, see point 1).

2.1 So when I do indoor rides I send zwift data to strava and but also record the ride directly on the garmin head unit as well. The garmin head unit then can do the wizzy calculations . I dont let Zwift upload to Garmin as then that would double count the ride.

Hope the above makes sense, this has totally fixed my VO2 and training load issues I was having.

• Is there already a solution. 

I have added the resting heart rate and checked the zones on the machine. 

It has worked in the past perfectly. 

So what happened ? 

I have an Edge 1000.

• Mine was disappeared too. Just noticed this week. Is there any solution yet?

• Mine not working either. Stopped calculating about 6 months ago having been calculating each ride for the previous 3 years. Now I get a data point but that data point isn’t changing, changed my weight to half my current weight, did a ride and according to the device I had the same vo2 max as before????