This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Edge 1030 (v7.50) shutdown suddenly during activity

Zero problem or issues in the last months but today, with battery level at 82%, suddenly during my activity the Edge 1030 shutdown, without any reason.

Fortunately I was able to turn it on, and I don't know why, but it is in a state that ask me if to save the previous activity or restart/continue it.

I choose restart and in that way I've lost only 1 minute of data.

Anyone of you know what could be the problem?

• This has been an issue since day one with this device. Lets hope it has not been worse with this version.

• Same happened to me last weekend. 
    Was the first time since I use Edge 1030, never happened with older FW versions. Restarting the activity was also possible after turning the device on again.

• Same here 35km without Amy issues. But after that 3 crashes in 3 minutes.

• I've also had a random shutdown happen on 7.5. Weird. Also BT seems infinitely worse than it was prior to 7.5 Phone will hardly connect even with GCM app open in the foreground on my phone.

• the same issue. i found out my garmin shut down if the device start the BT connect to the smart phone

• This happened to me for the first time the other day.   I had an incoming call on my iPhone X.   I got a message indicator on my Edge and the Edge then rebooted.

• Had the same last week, since upgraded to 7.50. It was beyond annoying as it also did one more strange thing - when in navigation mode, it was super slow to rotate the map while moving and also it was showing me the thin blue line (the trace you leave after your bike) appear before my actual bike arrow as if I was riding slower than me Slight smile On top of this when I hit a Strava segment, just before starting it, I died on me.... Restart the computer, ride continued, lost about a minute. 

Since this was the second time doing the same, plus my constant bluetooth dropouts (Samsung - phone connected/disconnected) and my ruined LiveTrack, I decided to do a full reset on the device to ensure I've done that before contacting the support.

Since then - 2 rides, one 90 km, other 125 km - no more slow navigation, and no more blue line before the bike arrow. That is in order.

The other problem: Bluetooth constant connect/disconnect still does the same. Although I did reinstall the GC on the phone from the scratch - no difference, still the same. Maybe it is about time to switch to iPhone?

• I had the same issue yesterday 11 miles into a ride. I saved the 11 miles but could not upload it as Strava said it was not a supported file type even though it was. I could not open that ride on my Garmin either. 30 minutes later my Garmin stopped rebooting and worked fine for the next six hours. 

• Just adding another "Same here" message :-( Turned it back on and resumed the activity. I was running Livetrack (manual start) connected to an Android phone, Vector 3, Di2, Garmin Tri-HRM, and Garmin speed sensor.

• Long story short not all shut downs are created equally. To look into these shutdowns we would need the contents of the Debugging folder (This is located in the Garmin Folder) and the steps leading up to the shutdown (I started the activity>Started a course>Received this notification>Observed Edge Shutdown). Please post here in the thread or private message me the steps and Debugging folder. We then can further research what is happening during 'your' shutdown.