This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Migrate from old 1030 to a new 1030

Folks:

Garmin is replacing my 1030 due to the blue halo problem.

When the new 1030 arrives, I'd like to preserve as much of the old data as possible.

What folders do you recommend I copy from the old unit to the new one?

So far I've got the following from the Garmin folder ...

• Activities
  • Apps
  • Locations
  • Metrics
  • Records
  • Segment_List
  • Segments
  • Settings
  • Sports
  • Summary
  • Totals

Anything I'm missing?

I won't copy the old data to the new unit until the new unit is upgraded to the same software version as the old one.

Thanks!

david

• This is a well known problem for garmin. I know for me the replaced even out of warranty. If you have the defect and it is easy to see, ask for a replacement. 

• Thank you for the picture. Mine is much worse. After 4 month of emailing, several refuse due to the 1 year warranty expired, finally Garmin Europe decided to replace my 1030 which has much bigger halo. 

In Hungary I had to fight even for 2 years warranty of my Vector 3. I got the worst service. 

Vector 3 and 1030 together was about 2K usd. I extremely disappointed regarding the warranty and the quality. 

The picture attached was made in June, 5 months after the 1 year warranty expired. 

There is 1+1 year warranty in EU. First year the shop or services should prove it is not a warranty issue. On the second year the customer have to prove it is a warranty issue (usually by an expert's official paper etc.) 

In case of Vector 3 this is 2 years of warranty (2+0) as factory provide it. 

• I was trying to restore old activities from an Edge 800 to a new Edge 1030, and was getting frustrated with it, because a handful of activities would not seem to load (the most recent week's worth).  It turned out that I had reached that magic 200 limit of the number of activities, and thus placing more than 200 activities into the "NewFiles" directory on the SD card was only loading the first 200 that it found.

To fix it:

1. I connected my 1030 by USB to my computer.
    2. This mounts the device memory as "GARMIN" and the SD card as two drive mounts.
    3. I then deleted some of the older data from the SD card Garmin/Activities folder to reduce the activities well below 200.
    4. I copied the most recent activities ".fit" files that were missing into the "Garmin/NewFiles" on the SD of the 1030.
    5. I ejected the "GARMIN" and SD disks from the computer, and restarted the 1030.
    6. My most recent rides now show.
    7. For those rides that are now in the 1030, the maps, laps, and statistics are all viewable on the Garmin 1030 history.

Thanks, mcinner1!  Your reminder of the 200 limit was what solved this for me!