This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Navigation data field

Hi,

Does a data field similar to the one shown on the top left of thenavigation page (distance to next point and direction at this point) exist?

It will be a great help for me if i can add such a field in my main screen.

Thanks for your help

Pierre

• Those exist. When editing the data fields, the navigation-related fields are under Course. There is quite a few. Distace to Next Course Point is the one I use the most, and Distance to Destination, as well as ETA. 

• Thanks Martin868,

I use "Distance to the next course point"  to, but instead of the upper left field of the navigation screen, he does not show the direction you have to take at this point...

• Hello,
    No news for my question:
    Does anybody have an idea to have a datafield on any screen, displaying the same info as the one on the upper left corner of the navigation screen when following a route?
    Thanks a lot

• Unfortunately I think the answer is no.  I have looked extensively as I agree it would be great to have that field available on a normal data screen, not just the map.

I would like to be proved wrong, even if it is was a an IQ data field?

• Thanks gregspicer1980,
    If Garmin is reading this post, maybe an idea for a future version,
    or maybe a cool developper can write an IQ field for us...

• Did you try Dist. to Next ?

• Yes I have tryed "Dist to next",
    distance is ok but it does not show the direction you have to take at this point...

• By the time you get there you will have the pop-up that will provide that. If you don't want the map set the Nav setting to Text Only since I think the direction arrow is embedded in the text. The data field tells you how far is the next maneuver and when you get to it the nav pop-up will tell you what to do. Should do what you need.

• THanks Martin868,
    I use it the way you suggest.
    I am just looking for an improvement of the "Dist to next" datafield that exist: it is the one on the upper corner of the navigation page...
    But no idea how i can use it as a datafield...

• You are not going to get an arrow indicating turn direction, as that’s a graphic symbol specific to the map and turn-by-turn pop up screen.  As posted, you can add Nav text info to any data screen, including the name of the upcoming street.  

I’m thinking you want more data on the map screen, which I wouldn’t want, as constant displaying of the map screen eats battery life.  I’m perfectly OK with the TBT pop up screen.  If I need to see the turn info before the TBT screen comes up, I swipe to the map.