This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Reverse a route

Hello

Do you have a solution to reverse a route directly on the 1030?

I can do it with basecamp but I don't take my computer with me on the field trips....

Thank you.

Philippe
  • I owned the Edge 800, 810 and 820 but none of them gave the option to reverse the route. What I do when I want to follow a route in the opposite direction is to start the GPS route and confirm that I want to start from the beginning if I am on the opposite side (end point) of the route.
  • I need that too. It is a shame that a company known for navigating did not take care of such a simple thing.
  • I'm surprised as all handhelds have a reverse route option.
  • I owned the Edge 800, 810 and 820 but none of them gave the option to reverse the route. What I do when I want to follow a route in the opposite direction is to start the GPS route and confirm that I want to start from the beginning if I am on the opposite side (end point) of the route.

Yes, but not in a loop course ...

Perhaps in a next Firmware version ...

Regards

Philippe
  • You can reverse the route via Garmin Conncet Mobile.
  • You can reverse the route via Garmin Conncet Mobile.

On GCM there is a reverse course command when you are creating a new course. But if you take an existing course and open it, this is not possible. The idea here is to do just that, take an existing route or loop and ride it in the opposite direction, without having to recreate it from scratch. You can reverse any course on the GC web tool, but not in GCM.
  • can reverse any course on the GC web tool, but not in GCM.

I use GCM (ver. 4.18) on a phone with Android and I can reverse any course. You have to edit course and there are several options like add points or reverse course in Polish "Odwró? kierunek". Below is the screen.

• Strange!
    I cannot find „edit course“ option on my Android GCM 4.18.
    Can you please describe step by step from home-screen how to find that option?
  • an you please describe step by step from home-screen how to find that option?

1. Enter the course on GCM
    2. Scroll down where you will have blue button "Edit course"
    3. And you will see map on which on the right side is button with 3 dots
    4. Tap the button with 3 dots and you will have the menu with few options to change the course, among them will be reverse course

• Thanks!
    “scroll down“ did the trick! (actually pull up the slider)
    (although - from my stored courses some can be reversed, some not...?)