This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Transferring Old Settings and Activity Data

First-time poster. Apologies if there are previous sites with this info, but I can't find anything that really covers what I'm asking. I have a new 1030 and an old 800. The 1030 has none of my records, historical data, gear info (e.g. odometer for each bike), etc. I thought it would be a good idea to transfer all of my data from either the 800 or Garmin Connect (which has the same data), but I don't see any info on how to do this, which makes me wonder a) is it a good idea; and b) how would I do it. I have seen Garmin instructions for sharing data between devices using bluetooth, but it doesn't really explain what data would be shared. And the 800 doesn't have bluetooth, so the question then is about doing this manually or via Garmin connect. Thanks all.
  • I recall a post from a 1000 user asking the same question and the response was that it can not be done do to different file structures. On historical data, if you mean your ride history, it is wise to only keep a few months of data on the Edge. Garmin Connect is where your ride data should be stored.
  • Many thanks. Just to clarify: the reason I would like to do this is take advantage of the fitness metrics on the 1030. For example, I thought it might make use of historical data for training stress score, HR zones, recovery recommendations, etc. It was also a little disappointing for the 1030 to announce that I had a new distance record after completing a 23-mile ride. It seems like the 1030 should be able to import key metrics (from 700+ rides) from Garmin Connect to keep up some continuity.
  • From GC on the personal record page you can transfer to 1030