This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

User settings (for a device) from garmin connect not transferring to the device

Hi, I noticed that time in zones was wrong when looking at my recent activities. Trying to identify why this was i noticed that my zones on the device and my entered zones in garmin connect was different. Or to be more precise; the zones settings on the device looked like they hadn't changed.

I tried manually (by pushing the button in the app) to to force synchronize from garmin connect to the device, but my zones from connect did'nt show up on the device.

Now I have manually put in max, threshold and resting heart rate in to the device to generate zones. I'll make a new activity this evening and afterwards I'll see how the zones will look during the activity and afterwards in the data.

Anyone besides me with this problem?

Seems like a huge bug.
  • Really? Nobody else having this problem? I have done a bunch of rides now and the problem is consistent. The zone values in user setting in garmin connect does not match the zones the device is using. So when I'm in zone 3 according to Training peaks and the user settings in garmin connect, the device during activity is shoving zone 5... AND if that wasn't enough, when looking at the stats after an activity, the "cloud" is taking the devices zones and thinking that I have made a huge effort ( for example zone 5).
  • I did notice non synchronised setting in this domain, I'll see that tomorrow. The delta between both app and device was not that great around 5% and I have no explanation.
    Just in case In Garmin Connect Mobile > User parameter > FC Zones you have 2 tables One (with the hearth) and another tab (with a bicycle) have they the same setting value? do not forget to register your changes...
  • Hello,
    I got the same issue. I had to do a master reboot for my FR630 and now I want to transfer my user settings (HRzones, weight etc,) from Garmin Connect to my watch.
    But..........................how?????? I tried everything, but nothing works. I think I managed to do this before.
    I assume this should be possible. Any ideas / tips?
  • I'm somewhat sure GC didn't update my new 1030 either. I had input most of the settings when I first turned on the 1030 except for my FTP. I most definitely sync GC to my 1030 on my laptop, but after my first ride on Saturday with the 1030, my FTP was set to the default of 200 watts so it appears not to have synced.
  • if I change the user settings for hrm zones /FTP values save those and sync the 1030 the values are changed in the 1030.
  • It's very old post but I'm facing exactly same on my 1030 with firmware 7.30. 

I've done multiple restarts and wipe outs - nothing is working, either from GCM or Garmin Express.

TWO YEARS after posting this issue no fix?!

Best regards,
    Jarek

• Same here. Started all of a sudden. I contacted Garmin about this issue (also physio true-up is not working). They asked me to send all files from Edge 1030 to them. I did. Now Im waiting for their response. Seems to occur only with some users. Interesting to know what causes this.

I upgraded yesterday Edge to fw 7.4 and iOS Garmin Connect to latest version. Resetted the Edge again, but no help. Very annoying problem.

• I've just submitted the same issue, awaiting for their feedback.

If more people having this problem, I urge to report via https://support.garmin.com/en-US/?productID=73207&tab=topics&topicTag=region_devicessyncstatus and perhaps even link to this thread.

Best regards,
    Jarek

• I'm more than happy to say that in (beta) 7.85, this issue has been resolved. I'm not sure if this was triggered by my report sent to Garmin (followed by a few rounds of gathering evidences etc) but nevertheless, I can sync:

• Changes in E1030 --> Garmin Connect Web --> Garmin Connect Mobile
    • GCW / GCM --> E1030

This was this small annoyance which finally has been fixed. Much appreciated Garmin!