This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Course elevation profile error

There is a strage behaviour.

Some courses are OK when I read them on Garmin Connect Mobile or Web Site.

But when I import them on my Garmin, using the Garmin Connect Mobile sync function, the elevation profile changes and the elevation gain and loss became greater of an order of magnitude.

It seems that, I don't know why, but on the Edge the same course has many little elevation terrain up and down following all the course.

• I have a similar issue. Route created on Strava. Total  ascent 5300ft. In Garmin Connect it is still 5300ft...but after syncing into the Edge1030+ the ascent is showing 17450ft

• This is a known GC issue. It replaces the elevation data with its own data. Garmin are working on a fix to use the imported data.

• Thanks for that info aweatherall...Once the Course is synced from Strava over to GC...the elevation profile still looks ok, It is when it syncs to the Edge 1030+ that the issues arise. I'll post some screenshots below.

As you can see, the Elevation Gain in Strava and also GC shows as 5458ft but when that then syncs to the device , it shows up as  17900ft!

Between miles 35 and 40 it is a pan flat coast road but the device throws up all these weird 40% 32% etc climbs along this stretch.

• Yes exactly as you explain!

• The issue is in the export process from GC. At the moment it generates its own elevation data and replaces the data that is stored on the course in the database.

• Is that the only issue? I have the same problem but it seems to do what it wants. Usually importing from Strava or Komoot the ascent is totally wrong by magnitude of three or so. But sometimes re-saving the same route in GC and importing that with "Garmin corrected elevation data" fixes the problem. And sometimes it doesnt.  Only thing that seems to work is to use the IQ app for Komoot for import. Seems a bit ridiculous to have these issues still, had the same crap with my 1000 from which I upgraded.

Regarding the ClimbPro and course elevation profile I also have issues with. The gradient profile often are completely wrong, showing flat when you have like 7% section still. And the cursor following the climb doesn't match your position, its lagging by some margin. So annoying that I kinda prefer the old simple climb profile page.

• When will it be fixed ? Climbpro is useless with wrong profiles .

• Never.
    They have no idea how to fix it for years, so don't expect a change.

• Does it make any difference if you import routes directly from the Strava Routes Connect IQ app?

• If you import directly using the app then it uses the Strava provided elevation and bypasses this issue.