This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Can I setup the new Di2 12 speed Ultegra cassette on my Garmin Edge 1000

Hi, I now have the new Ultegra 12 speed cassette. I cannot add another gear to the setup on my Garmin edge 1000. It only supports an 11-speed cassette. Is this possible to do on the Edge 1000. I know there was a software update last November, 2021 to support a 12 speed setup but I can’t believe that this is enabled on the newer 530, 830 and 1030 devices and not the Edge 1000?

• The 1000 does support the 12 -speed Di2 system.

I paired to my system with gears set to automatic and it correctly shows 12 cogs on the rear cassette.

Make sure the Edge is in communication with the Di2 system and that the Di2 system has been configured with gearing information. This requires the use of the e-tube app to set the sizes for the front chain rings and the cassette size. 

• Many thanks . I checked the hearing configuration in the e-tube app which was correct. I then disabled the Di2 setup on the Edge and re-enabled. The 12-speed setup configured properly although I had to manually enter the sprocket sizes as this did not come through correctly (12th gear was set to a zero value). In the end it’s all sorted. Thanks a million for the input. A simple solution in the end but I may not have tried without your confirmation that the 12-speed setup works. 

• Good to know you got it working.