This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Version of latest Europe Map updates for Edge 1000 (UK device)

Hi 

I'm about to get a used Garmin 1000 (I used to own one before and still have all of the files from the Garmin Folder).

I'm downgrading from a 1030 Plus because so many features that don't work for me on it have now been removed from the 1040! I just want a device that works and the 1000 always did for me.

Does the Garmin 1000 still get free map updates regularly (as regularly as other devices) and can anyone give me the latest map versions for the full Europe Maps for UK models?

TAHNKS!

• I am in exactly the same position, downgrading to a used Garmin 1000. However, if we cant upgrade maps through Garmin Express, there are a number of websites that do compatible maps such as Openstreetmap which should make it possble to have up to date maps for navigation

• I got my used Edge 1000 yesterday and as long as you have a large enough micro SD card installed, then once registered to you in Garmin Connect,  when synchronised in Gamin Express you will be offered the  latest maps for your area :-)