This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

New version installed: route not working as it should!

Just installed software version 15.5 and installed a .TCX route downloaded from RidewithGPS.

On my ride it was NOT showing directions prior to a turn at all but did sometimes show the next road name with an arrow for the turn in a very small font at the bottom of the screen. (I had the screen up with the speed, heartrate, cadence, temp, etc)

It used to come up on the entire screen with the map turn etc prior to the turns.
This does not work for me and seems like there is something wrong with this update on the older G1000.

-Don in Seattle

• I haven't used a 1000 model in a number of years but it might now work like the other computers in the Edge series where there is a option for navigation prompts to be map or text. Sounds like yours might be set on text.

• It looks like you don't have "turn guidance" (the big white arrows) enabled. What you are seeing are "course points", which are a separate/another form of turn instructions.

Home menu -> Saved Courses -> hamburger menu (at lower right) -> Turn Guidance -> Enabled.