This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Sending Smart Trainer rides to Garmin Edge 1000

I use a Smart Trainer and it automatically sends my rides and all data to Strava, To get the data into Garmin Connect I have to import the ride manually. No problems here.

Is there a way to transfer the ride totals to my Garmin Edge 1000 so that the totals for the ride are added into to Garmin Edge totals under History?

I don't use my Garmin whilst doing the ride because climbing data isn't recorded whilst on the trainer.

• No, you cant do this unfortunately. 

• I think there might be, but a little kludgey, and I'll assume you have a Windows laptop. See if the ride in Strava can be exported as a .FIT file. There's an option in Strava that says "Export Original" and it should save the ride in your Downloads folder with the ride's name and a .FIT file extension. Plug your Edge 1000 into a USB port and it should show up as a removable drive. Open that and go to the folder Garmin-->Activities. You should notice all your .FIT files there and I don't have my Edge handy but I think the file naming convention is some kind of date stamp. Rename your exported ride file to something that looks like it'll approximate that time when it was recorded, copy it into that folder, and see if it shows up in your Edge's ride history.

• Perhaps Tapiriik.com will be the solution for your problem?

• He wanna "upload" the smart trainer virtual rides (i assume from Zwift or from TacxTraining) TO THE EDGE 1000 and updating its totals (total km, total duration, total climbing, etc), there is no activity import function (and totals updating) to a Garmin device from a cloud service... (especially not with Tapiriik...)

• Luko79 that is exactly what I want to do. The only way I know is to use Fit File Repair Tool but I don't want to buy a licence when I will only use it once. 

Thanks for replies.

• yes, i'm using the FFRT since many years, that is a very good sw btw. 

there is a FIT to CSV and CSV to FIT converter on thisisant website (https://www.thisisant.com/developer/resources/software-tools), if you register there, you can download it and i think that will solve your problem for free