This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

RS100 Calibration and Random Wattage Results

Hi there

If anyone can shed some light on an issue I'm having, I'd really appreciate it.

So I've been using a Stages crank power meter for 5 years now and wanted to move this off my TT bike and put it on my road bike. I bought the Garmin RS100 pedals for my TT bike, watched loads of reviews and videos, set them up, did a few sprints, calibrated and done. On my first proper ride with them my watt results are crazy out from previous sessions. Like a whole 30-40 watts lower than when I was using my stages crank power meter. 

I thought I'm not trying hard enough so I upped my efforts to get the readings I was used to and basically I cruise at around 220- 230Watts for hours. I was dying at 190 Watts with these pedals. Training and fatigue was not an issue. The only thing has changed are my pedals. I recalibrated several times as I know what 220 Watts feels like when I'm riding and this was not right. 

I this normal? Has anyone else found this when using the pedals for the first time or coming from a stages power meter? Is it the case that my power readings were just way out on my stages power meter? I don't think it's this as I train indoors on a Wattbike Atom and again 220-230 Watts steady zone 2 on there feels identical to what it felt like on my stages power meter. 

The Garmin Pedals just feel like I have to give them so much more force to hit the same numbers?

Any help or advice on this would be really appreciated. 

Cheers