This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Creating a ride directly on the Garmin

So, yesterday I went on a ride, with my road bike, hoping only to have Garmin suggest paved roads.

I asked for a ride in the 30 mile length, it created three.  I selected one and off I went.

The best part of doing this for me, is I end up in areas I've never been before.

About 15 miles in the next turn was on to a trail.  Not ideal in bike shoes, but I could see it was only a couple hundred feet.

Question, when letting Garmin find these rides for you, is there a way to have it only select paved roads?

Thank you

• In "Route Settings" there is a setting for "Avoidance Setup" were you can select the roads to avoid.

• Thank you.  Where are Route Settings?  I looked in System Settings, and inside of Round-Trip Routing.  I don't see settings.

• Here you go, you have to do this on each activity profile that you use

Select > Activity Profiles, select a profile, and select Navigation > Routing.

Routing Mode

Allows you to select an activity for the device to calculate your route (Selecting an Activity for Route Calculation).

Calculation Method

Allows you to select the calculation method to optimize your route.

Lock on Road (requires routable maps)

Locks the position icon, which represents your position on the map, onto the nearest road.

Avoidance Setup (requires routable maps)

Allows you to select the road type you want to avoid.

Recalculation (requires routable maps)

Allows you to select the recalculation method when you deviate from the route.

• I never would have found that, thank you!

Sadly under Select Items to Avoid, Unpaved Roads was already selected, along with Narrow Trails.