This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Edge 1000 15.50 issues

Since I updated my Edge 1000 to the latest software, 15.50, I have experienced problems with it. When I switch it on, before using it, it is beeping and showing,'download complete', every minute or so. Sometimes it shows, 'download failed'. When I open the system and go to the about screen, the software is showing 15.50 but faded out, very difficult to see. A few times, when I have switched it on and pressed the start button too use it, it has frozen, and required a long press of the power button to reset it. Occasionally when connected to power, it has shut down.

I spoken Garmin customer service this week, who told me the unit had failed. But I was told to send it back and get 30% discount on a new one. This cost me over £500 less than five years ago, is only generally used once a week, and is kept updated. This sounds like a software issue, as there are no moving parts, and the only part which should degrade is the battery performance. Is this Garmin only response, to trade it in for another one, which, with the discount, will still cost me £420.00. Has anyone else got the same issue? Thanks.

• Sounds like you have some corrupted files.  I would first connect to a computer and check the "NEWFILES" folder, if there is nothing in that folder it might be worth backing up and doing a factory reset.

• Cheers for that. I’ve not checked the new files folder but I have performed a full factory reset twice, and it’s still the same. I’m convinced it’s something to do with the last update as it was fine until that. Garmin just want to sell me another one. In my mind, there’s no moving parts, the only issues should be software related and battery degradation issues. 

• I think the same, I had a problem with my Garmin and they propose to sell me another one.

• Hello, me too I am having frequent problems (crash while navigating) with the new FW 15.50, so I decided to revert back to the FW 15.40.

I would suggest you to do the same and verify if the problems your encountered are still there or gone away.

• Hello, me too I am having frequent problems (crash while navigating) with the new FW 15.50, so I decided to revert back to the FW 15.40.

I would suggest you to do the same and verify if the problems your encountered are still there or gone away.

• Hi. Can you tell me how I revert my unit back to 15.40? Thank you. 

• Hi ridders66, you need to have a copy of the legacy GUPDATE.GCD (of FW 15.40), copy it in the Garmin folder of the device and then follow the instruction on the display at the following reboot.

I suggest you to kindly ask to the Garmin Support for the file.

In the past there was a public repository available, but not anymore now.

• I have version 15.40, you can download it here

• likewise, it was fine until about 10 days ago.  It then froze when I tried to save a ride, so I lost that ride.  Now it wont sync with connect on my phone.  I can see the ride on the edge 1000, my app says that it is syncing and is connected to my phone via bluetooth.  But the ride never appears in connect.  Definately something wrong with the update

• mine all now working and linking back up to Strava.  Somebody has tweaked something!