This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Garmin 1000 horizontal line issue

Hello 

I have a Garmin 1000 and last week after finishing a ride, I turned off my Garmin only to notice

horizontal lines across the bottom of the blank screen.  I did a reset but you can see these lines

when the unit is on or off...    I can live with them as long as they don't get worse but my biggest

concern is why would this start out of the clear blue and what is causing it?   They are a real nuisance

in the map screen as they create lines that don't represent roads etc. 

I've had cycle computers before and they lasted much longer than this, so I am quite disappointed.

Heiko

• Hey, 

I have the same problem with my Edge 1000. The problem stems from a damaged LCD Screen. My Garmin mount was too short and was constantly banging against my stem every time I hit a bump which must've damaged it. I contacted Garmin and it seems they don't make replacement screens since they discontinued the Edge 1000. As long as if you don't bend or put any harsh impacts on the screen, it won't worsen. If you do, broken pixels will start appearing (which looks much worse than the lines).