This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Segments not pushing through to Edge

Hi - have been off bike for a while.  Long time user of Strava segments on Edge 1000, without issue.

Starred a segment on Strava today, it won't push through to the head unit.

Have updated:

Strava App

GC App

Firmware on Edge

Deleted, starred, unstarred and restarred some Strava segments.  Turned Edge on/off numerously, with brief stop/start rides recorded so it syncs.  Weirdly the Edge paused to display the "deleting segments" message but did not add the new ones.  Those segments are showing on Strava and in Garmin Connect when viewed on GC website, they just won't go through to my head unit (the crucial bit!).

Any help please??

• Do you pay for the Strava subscription, as you need this for the segments to sync and work

• Hi EBR - sorry I should have said, yes, I am a long term and paid up member of Strava Premium/Summit/whatever they’re calling it next.

• I have the same problem, today I beat a followers time it's shows on Strava but my Edge 1000 doesn't update.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

• Further to my post above, within Strava and Garmin Connect i can see the updated segements but as Provenrobbiew has already stated these are not being pushed or updated on the Edge 1000

• I contacted Garmin Support and they are aware of the problem, hope they will issue a fix soon

• Hi EBR, Garmin told me remove third party software, inc Strava and then to reconnect. I’ve not done it yet as haven’t been back outside and I’m expecting it to be the first of many trial and error approaches to solving issue but it did occur to me that between now and the last time Strava segments worked on my head unit, I uploaded a TrainerRoad outdoor workout. The only change I made. Maybe that has interfered. I mention it in case you’ve done similar with TR or other new third party software?

• Hi PR,  Thanks for your help with trying to solve this problem, I think this is not related just to our Edge 1000 as reading on other Edge 530 & 1030 sections other users are experiencing the same issues with Segments not syncing.  This must be a Garmin / Strava wider issue.

• Hi EBR and anyone else reading this. Garmin Support gave me a straightforward solution which worked for me:

Great to hear from you can you try for me, 

How Do I Remove Third Party Site Access From My Garmin Connect Account?

Steps to Link Your Garmin Connect Account with Strava

Kind regards,

I have not yet reinstalled Trainer Road (the only other third party software I had) and it may be that it interfered. Which would be a shame. Hopefully just coincidence.

• I just had a response from Product Support

"We're reaching back out regarding the issue with not all starred Strava segments syncing down to your device.

After a discussion with Strava, it was identified during the time this ticket was initially submitted that there were server issues on Strava's send, which should now be resolved.

It has also been identified that this should only be isolated now to downhill segments which, Strava has advised that they will not provide to our devices if the average grade for the segment is -0.25% or less. We are working to have our FAQs updated to reflect this but, wanted to ensure you are aware of this as well.

Thank you for choosing Garmin

Jay

Product SupportGI

Garminnternational

For 24-hour access to support videos, manuals, FAQs & more, visit the Support Center."

• I also had a response from Strava Support

"Thank you for contacting Strava. At this time, we do not sync downhill segments to devices for Strava Live Segments. Please keep in mind that our system recognizes even the slightest negative grade, and there may be segments that display a 0% grade that will not sync to devices for Strava Live Segments.

Thank you for your understanding.

Best,
    Fred​
    Strava Support Team"

please check your segments if they are a negative grade then they will not sync to the device.

I will now cancel my Premium Strava Membership as what is the point.