This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Bluetooth Smart power meters

Folks, I’m embarrassed that I don’t know the answer to this so apologies in advance. I remember that when the Edge 1000 was first released it didn’t support power meter connections via BT Smart, however I read in DCR’s review that it had the hardware to do so, it would just need an appropriate firmware update. Has the firmware ever been updated to enable power meter connections via BTS? My specific reason for asking is that I’m thinking about getting the Keiser Converter module to interface between Keiser M3 bike computer and Edge, but it only broadcasts in BTS, so if it won’t connect to my Edge there’s no point buying it. Thanks in advance. 

• The Edge 1000 only supports ANT+ sensors.  The edge 1030 is the first bike computer that supported BLE sensors.

• I make alternative Keiser converters - K2pi+ (ant) with ant+ - converts Keiser M3i signal to a more compatible Bluetooth and ant signal that works with Garmin receivers and Multisport watches- send power and cadence - so provides training load within Garmin connect app.

Real Keiser converter will only send Bluetooth speed and cadence.

see this post from another user who bought one - 

forums.garmin.com/.../1233760