This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Route Calculation Error

I have an Edge 1000 with the latest firmware 15.30 and the latest map updates 2019.20.

The trouble now is that it's taking a long time to process a saved course and after a period of time I get a Route Calculation Error.

I have temporary solved this by disabling the 2019.20 maps, the calculation speed has increased and the Route Calculation Error doesn't appear.

• You won’t get a route with the map disabled. 

• You're right, but I've disabled the 2019.20 maps and left the 2019.10 maps enabled so it's using these maps for navigation. Using the 2019.10 maps calculation speed has increased and no route calculation error either

• It's odd the newer map didn't replace the older map.

Only one of these should be enabled.

• The map installation process should have removed the old version.  Something is wrong.

• Yeah.

The new map shouldn't be any slower. It (likely) just has updated information,

Lots of people have gotten this updated maps (on different models) and there haven't been complaints.

I'm suspecting he has both maps enabled.

• I wonder if the Garmin Express has anything to do with it as they fix a problem that would remove some incorrect files

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Garmin began rolling out Garmin Express v6.19.2 for PC today. If you would like to update to the latest version, please visit “About” within the Settings of the Express application and select “Check for Updates to Express.” This version includes the following changes:

• Fixed an issue with Express that would remove incorrect files from the device when performing a map update.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I would have updated my maps before the Garmin Express updated to v6.19.2

Not sure whatr steps i need to take to fix that i have two version of maps?

• I've enabled all the maps and tried a route and it is now working perfectly.  It must of need a power cycle or something downloaded.

Thanks to everyone who responded.

• This thread has been very helpful. I updated my maps a couple of days ago to 2019.20 and hadn't been able to get a route to show since. It seems that the installation process had somehow reenabled a bunch of non-routable maps. Disabling those maps, leaving only Garmin-produced maps enabled in the Activity Profile menu, has led to routing working again.

• 2020.10 maps out now!

Let's hope all routing issues resolved. 

Quite ironic, considering that 90% (?) of the world is all but locked down!